Looks like Eibach has a 5100 type shock on the market

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pollock21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone running these or know anything about them? They appear to be just like the 5100's. Can't find any reviews of these installed on a Ram so figured I'd ask here.

Also saw where Eibach is offering a $50 mail in rebate on a set of 4 of these which makes them tempting, but based on what I've seen on price, that puts them right around the same as a set of 4 billy's.

Tried and true is generally the best way to go, but Eibach is no slouch in the suspension world so I'm surprised reviews have been hard to find. Interested in hearing if anyone has any feedback on this level line.

PRO-TRUCK Sport shocks | eibach.com/america

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eibach is well know for their coil springs. Its nice to see them moving over to the shock absorbers. And I think I saw a lift kits for Jeeps too. Nice to know people have a quality back up for when the Bilstein's are backordered and out of stock nationwide.
I bet they're very similar, if not a little better than the Bilstein. I'd just like to think they might be are because they are new and the Bilstein shocks/level kit has been around for years. They should be able to improve or something. Right?!?
But.....the fact that its the same shock for V6 and V8 models makes me wonder. The V8 hemi is quite a bit heavier than the 6 right? And I also noticed that other vehicles listed call for the same part number for front and rear shocks. And that doesn't seem right to me. But then again, everyone probably does that.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eibach is well know for their coil springs. Its nice to see them moving over to the shock absorbers. And I think I saw a lift kits for Jeeps too. Nice to know people have a quality back up for when the Bilstein's are backordered and out of stock nationwide.
I bet they're very similar, if not a little better than the Bilstein. I'd just like to think they might be are because they are new and the Bilstein shocks/level kit has been around for years. They should be able to improve or something. Right?!?
But.....the fact that its the same shock for V6 and V8 models makes me wonder. The V8 hemi is quite a bit heavier than the 6 right? And I also noticed that other vehicles listed call for the same part number for front and rear shocks. And that doesn't seem right to me. But then again, everyone probably does that.

Bilstein uses the same shock for V6 and V8 also..... Springs would be different to offset any extra weight not the shocks.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ha! I totally forgot about having to swap stock springs!

Why doesn't Eibach just make a complete replacement? Like the Fox 2.0? And one that actually provides a level, unlike the Rancho quicklift ;)

OP
OP
P

Pollock21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Kyle, I came from a 2011 Tacoma. Ran Billy 5100's, then the first ishock mid travel kit, then to OME. OME was my favorite. Interested in hearing your opinions on the Eibachs vs other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oliver_Closov

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab 4X4 w/6.4ft bed
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Reviving this thread.
Any updates on this?

StoneDude76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I to have been looking to get the level lift kit they offer. I just don't want to be the guinea pig.

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This sounds good and all and you can get new springs and all for under $400. You won’t have to use your OEM springs

Chief_6.7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I’ll be a guinea pig if 15-20 members pay pal me $20 each........ it’s worth a shot hahahahahaha.

mike19950

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm considering trying them too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

MPRBLUZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Anybody put them on yet ? thought I would give them a try. Going to make an appointment tomorrow to get them installed.

100_0413.JPG

MPRBLUZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
just bought the front adjustable struts. setting them on the third groove , supposed to be about 1.5 inch lift.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so you’ll reuse the stock coils ?

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Sub'd. Considering their full kit as an option.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
How'd this end up for ya

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk