Loud knock after Fox 2.0 and Zone UCA install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RVA Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi All,

I recently installed the Fox 2.0 coilovers and Zone UCAs. Since installing them I have heard a loud knocking noise or pop sound when turning at full lock. This has only happened twice. I am on stock 20 inch wheels and tires.

Any idea what it could be? Thanks

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
It'll be tough to diagnose anything but start with the most obvious and recheck all your bolts. I like to check majority of the bolts when there's load on them meaning while the weight of the truck is on the ground. Then check your clearances from lock to lock. Does this happen on one side specifically or both at full lock?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you replace the lower ball joints at install of the Fox coil overs and UCA? I have gotten 130,000 miles on this exact combo.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'd verify the ball joint tq on the uca , and all other connections that were taken apart during the install , just work this issue BACKWARDS from the install ...

OP
OP
RVA Ram

RVA Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to update this thread. I took my truck in and was told I needed to grease the steering stops. I have not had a chance to drive/check the results. Will update again when I do. Has anyone else heard of doing this?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi All,

I recently installed the Fox 2.0 coilovers and Zone UCAs. Since installing them I have heard a loud knocking noise or pop sound when turning at full lock. This has only happened twice. I am on stock 20 inch wheels and tires.

Any idea what it could be? Thanks

It also happens when installing Bilsteins.... there are a couple of threads on here about it.

link: http://www.ramforum.com/f41/help_me_identify_noise_please-102261/index3.html#post1502804

See my post in this link as it has a couple of other links that show pics of what is hitting.

Last edited:

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So the solution is just don't turn at full lock?

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So the solution is just don't turn at full lock?

Mine did it a few times when I first installed the Bilsteins but now it hasn't done it since. I haven't looked but it may have worn enough off that little tab that it doesn't "clunk" anymore.... I'll try and look at it today at lunch and report back.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks, I'm still stock for now, I'm gonna look at mine take pic for comparison

2k9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is making a bunch of noise after the Bilstein install and I suspect that it is the Sway Bar End Links. I'm throwing some MaxxLinks in tonight and hopefully will cure the problem.

stimpy433

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is making a bunch of noise after the Bilstein install and I suspect that it is the Sway Bar End Links. I'm throwing some MaxxLinks in tonight and hopefully will cure the problem.

Did you make sure the washer was installed correctly??? I know that causes a lot of noise and is the #1 most common problem.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a knock/clunk noise when turning right over a bump or when going reverse sometimes, that was with a 6" BDS lift without coilovers. Took it to the shop that installed the lift and he retorqued everything and nothing was loose, it still made the knock. Truck got totalled so now I don't have to listen to the knock - just the one BIG knock. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2k9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you make sure the washer was installed correctly??? I know that causes a lot of noise and is the #1 most common problem.

Yep washer is installed on the piston rod under the top plate. Made that mistake with the first set of Bilstein's that I installed.

The noise was clearly coming from the sway bar. When parked I could have the wife turn the steering wheel and just before full lock the sway bar would chatter.

I installed the new Sway Bar End links and my sound is much improved. However, I still hear\feel a clunk in the steering at slow speeds when braking hard.