MaxTrac 4.5" Spindle 2wd lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone put the MaxTrac 4.5" Spindle Lift on their 2wd? I was originally going to level my truck but I'm leaning more towards this lift now. Just wondered what others thought or could post some pics of their trucks. Kinda curious what tire size would look best too.

RAM_Designs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Currently saving up for mine...waiting for the stock tires to wear down a little more. There are several people here who have done it. You can fit 35x12.5's on there with no issues with the proper wheels. I believe 9" wide wheels with a 0 or -12 offset will work fine with no mods needed.

SixPoints_Kev

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.7 CTD
Anyone put the MaxTrac 4.5" Spindle Lift on their 2wd? I was originally going to level my truck but I'm leaning more towards this lift now. Just wondered what others thought or could post some pics of their trucks. Kinda curious what tire size would look best too.

Right here... Maxtrac 4.5 spindles and 1.5 blocks in the rear. Tire are 295/65/20 trail grapplers on factory 20's. Love it!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 248

SixPoints_Kev

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Laramie 2500 Mega Cab
Engine
6.7 CTD
To the naked eye it's looks pretty damn level. I'm sure if I measured it the front might be a 1/4" higher but I haven't checked yet.

Reo Cook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Mine sits about 3/4-1" proud in front. I'm thinking it'll level out when I get my bumpers sometime in the future. That or I will use the 1.5" spacer from the kit as a template and maybe make a 2.5" spacer on the lathe

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I'm definitely wanting it to sit level, not a huge fan of nose high.

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

Hey there how's it going? The 4.5" kit will clear up to a 35x12.50 tire on a 17" rim or larger with 5.75" backspacing or less. Stock rims are compatible with this kit as well. As far as rear heights we offer either a 1.5" rear coil spacers or we have a 3" kit. It really comes down to 2 things: how you want your truck to sit and/or how much rake it has from the factory. None of these trucks have the same amount of rake so depending on how much it's got will determine how much lift you need in the rear. Say you only have 1.5" of rake then I would recommend running the 3" kit in the rear to make it level. Now say you have 3" of rake then I would recommend the 1.5" spacers to make it level. If you are somewhere in between that you will need to determine if you want it to sit rear tall or rear low. So it just depends on the truck itself or how you prefer it to sit. My experience with these trucks especially from feedback on the forum here is that people tend to go with taller in the rear which totally contradicts how people out in california like their trucks haha. I always like to recommend measuring how much rake your truck has and then make the decision on the rear height from there. Please let me know if you have any questions, need part numbers or need a referral to a place to purchase your parts. Thanks and have a good one -- Sean

OP
OP
T
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey there how's it going? The 4.5" kit will clear up to a 35x12.50 tire on a 17" rim or larger with 5.75" backspacing or less. Stock rims are compatible with this kit as well. As far as rear heights we offer either a 1.5" rear coil spacers or we have a 3" kit. It really comes down to 2 things: how you want your truck to sit and/or how much rake it has from the factory. None of these trucks have the same amount of rake so depending on how much it's got will determine how much lift you need in the rear. Say you only have 1.5" of rake then I would recommend running the 3" kit in the rear to make it level. Now say you have 3" of rake then I would recommend the 1.5" spacers to make it level. If you are somewhere in between that you will need to determine if you want it to sit rear tall or rear low. So it just depends on the truck itself or how you prefer it to sit. My experience with these trucks especially from feedback on the forum here is that people tend to go with taller in the rear which totally contradicts how people out in california like their trucks haha. I always like to recommend measuring how much rake your truck has and then make the decision on the rear height from there. Please let me know if you have any questions, need part numbers or need a referral to a place to purchase your parts. Thanks and have a good one -- Sean

Thank you so much! That's customer service right there. Gotta love it. Looking forward to ordering the Maxtrac kit as soon as I figure out everything else I want to include in the first upgrade!

Reo Cook

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500
Engine
5.7L HEMI
How difficult was the installation?

Not bad at all. The directions are great and with photos. First time I had ever done the brake bleeding but a tool from harbor freight made quick work of it

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
How much does this kit cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk