Mevotech uca?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
so i have a 6" zone suspention lift. with I'm assuming factory UCA, and factory shocks in the front. Should these be upgraded? the zone ones run for about $500? someone recommended me MEVOTECH's? Any idea what i'd need? because i want to add bill's adjustables in the front to level my truck out.

37" tires.

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
I was told that with the zone lift you don't need them because the zone lift accounts for the adjusted height and no longer requires the stronger UCA... this came from the shop doing my 6 inch zone lift on Saturday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was told that with the zone lift you don't need them because the zone lift accounts for the adjusted height and no longer requires the stronger UCA... this came from the shop doing my 6 inch zone lift on Saturday

but what if i level it out, would it be more stress?

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
but what if i level it out, would it be more stress?

It honestly shouldn't with that simple of a level..but every circumstance is different

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
thankyou!

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've been running 6" of lift and 35" for 15k so far an my UCA ball joints are fine so far. My truck is a street princess, if I was taking it off-road regularly I'd probably get the Zone UCA installed.

Pmexpert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 SRT
Forget about crapy Mevotech, if you'll decide to change your UCA's buy a good product don't risk your life. My choice was ReadyLift

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Forget about crapy Mevotech, if you'll decide to change your UCA's buy a good product don't risk your life. My choice was ReadyLift

Those Readylift ones seem like a good choice. Not too many UCA manufacturers specifically address the known problem with the stock Ram ball joints popping out like they do.
Did you get the uni-ball or ball joint ones?