Mevotecs installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iggy4935

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After putting my bilsteins on I starting getting a popping noise when I turned and under hard breaking. I installed Mevotec UCAs and I still have that popping. So now I'm thinking it's either the lower balljoints, tie rods, or end links to the sway bars. Kinda pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Stoled this from another forum.

"Did you make sure to install the washer onto the shock piston rod before putting the upper isolator cap on, and then the locknut? From some owners who've done the install with pics, that is the one big mistake done when installing. What happens is the piston rod diameter is so close in diameter to the piston rod hole in the truck frame bracket that in a very short time with heavy front suspension dive, the rod will go through the truck frame bracket piston rod hole causing improper coilover operation. In turn causing damage to your new Bilstein piston rod. The OE piston rod has a built in tapered end that butts up against the frame bucket, then the isolator cap, then a washer and locknut. This is where the two shocks get confused during install."

OP
OP
I

Iggy4935

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stoled this from another forum.

"Did you make sure to install the washer onto the shock piston rod before putting the upper isolator cap on, and then the locknut? From some owners who've done the install with pics, that is the one big mistake done when installing. What happens is the piston rod diameter is so close in diameter to the piston rod hole in the truck frame bracket that in a very short time with heavy front suspension dive, the rod will go through the truck frame bracket piston rod hole causing improper coilover operation. In turn causing damage to your new Bilstein piston rod. The OE piston rod has a built in tapered end that butts up against the frame bucket, then the isolator cap, then a washer and locknut. This is where the two shocks get confused during install."

It is installed correctly. Almost made hat mistake but caught myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk