More control? any ideas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
Any of yall know if theres anything els i can do for control on the vehicle? more stable i guess?, currently running 37's on 20s with a 6" zone suspension lift
ram 1500 sport 8 speed.
bills up front and fox shocks in the rear, leveled out also.

tires are balanced with stick weights.

My issue is i just feel like im at a constant fight with just jolting the steering wheel back and fourth not often but frequently just to get it straight down roads. also feels like damn winds are blowing me over...anyone els experience this? or am i just being paranoid. thx! :)

Last edited:

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Did you get it aligned after the lift?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
just throwing this out there, ive never had any of that when im cruising 2" off the ground in my show truck LMAO

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Is the truck swaying back and forth ?

Heavier rear springs heavier sway bars front and rear would be where I would start.

I would also make sure who ever did the front end alignment is good and knows lifted trucks.

Front stabilizer shock ? can you put one on it ?

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
what you described is exactly why i "just" went with a level and nothing more

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
what you described is exactly why i "just" went with a level and nothing more

The issues he's describing aren't specifically from the lift. I've got a 6" lift on my truck(only running 35" tires though), and I don't have any of the issues he's describing. My truck drives straight down the road, without constant correction,and can be controlled with one finger on the steering wheel. I have never once felt "out of control" while driving my truck.
I'd suspect alignment or lift installation issues are the cause of the OP's issues.

BiGMERF

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 SLT 4x4
Engine
v6
ive read one to many times the same complaints in one variety or another.. my truck is a wind magnet already, i can only imagine up some more

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Any time you raise the center of gravity, its going to feel less "stable". What one's view of stable, may be completely different from anothers view.

OP, you've got a 2013 correct? How many miles? Any suspension maintenance done like sway bar end links, ball joints etc? If I were lifting that much, Id consider an aftermarket sway bar system, they can be pricey but it'll help a ton. Id look into maintenance/bolt tightness then have aligned. If its wandering it could be a toe or caster issue.

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Agreed, wind can be an issue. Guess I've just gotten used to the wind over the years. My first vehicle was a lifted truck. We have also had several large profile family vehicles(vans and SUV's) in the past. Our current one is a suburban.
My last personal vehicle was a lifted wrangler. With a soft top, and the short wheelbase, that thing was "interesting" to drive in the wind. Unless it's really gusty, I don't notice it much in my ram.

Eased

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI
Check your upper control arms. Lift the front end of the truck and try to see if you have any play in the front wheels by wiggling them with your hand.

Could also be uneven tire wear. Check your PSI and use chalk to lower/increase them to a correct level.

powerslave124

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The only 2 things that could cause that are bad sway bar links .( unless you don't have a sway bar. ) and track bar bushings . Unless your ball joints .

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963