More lift on 2wd (7" cst, 3" body)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

maxgarton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey, I have a 7" cst, and a 3" body and I was wondering if there were any ways of going higher. I have just about the biggest tires i can fit (37x13.5 on 20x12 -44). This is not for off-road as it only sees streets and the occasional gravel road.

thanks

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Basically, no.

get rid of the 12 inch wheels, go to a ~0mm offset wheel, and run a taller tire is about the only thing you can do. Gains would be minimal though really.

Same with swapping out to a maxtrac spindle, ~0.5" gain.

Between the two, I suppose you could see a 0.5-1.5" gain, would change the look of the truck but not much you can do on the height.

OP
OP
M

maxgarton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Do you think there is a way to add either FTS or RC drop brackets (front/rear crossmembers) and then add a coil spacer (i don't have a coil spacer on the front). Would that effect many other things (ex: top A arm or anything else)?

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
the suspension is totally different on the 2wd and 4wd models. Unlike every other truck make, they don't share the same platform. So no, its totally different suspension approach.

In theory, there's nothing stopping you from adding coil spacers to what you have but I can almost promise you that will lead to a disaster. it will increase the pressure/angle on the balljoints and tie rods, almost guaranteeing that you have a failure. Which could be catastrophic, hopefully in a parking lot and not on the freeway.

OP
OP
M

maxgarton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I tried putting a 2" spacer in before but there was nowhere near enough drop on the lower arm (preventing me from inserting it). I was thinking an FTS drop bracket on the bottom would do it but i guess theres other things i need to think of.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn