Mpg holding up with sct tuner.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reddevil78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 he I
Well let me start of with when I first got my Toyos and my truck had merely a levling kit I would not get anymore that 14 mpg on the highway at cruising speed and averaging out at 12.2 mpg.
I was like holy crap. Well now I have a 4inch lift but I compensated with an SCT tuner. I was kinda spectacle at first because hemi engines are all about timing and what not.
So far I'm loving it I'm bottoming out at average 14.0 mpg with my foot on the gas and highway I'll run anywhere from 20-25 now with those big ole' 35's and I'm extremely happy plus I a heck of a hp boost and torque you can feel down under when hauling.
db22ec4fc4a637171bd7a4752ca9f753.jpg
159cea23bffbe8ae7466c5eb5a570870.jpg

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So can you change the tire size on this tuner? Seems like the website says you cant?

OP
OP
reddevil78

reddevil78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 he I
8 spd?

Is it just a canned tune? What tune?

You have my attention.

IMO

Sorry got a little busy at work yes it's a canned tune. Idk if that's just how the tuner is or I'm having trouble with it but I can only choose my octane level and tire size it doesn't let me add if I have a k&n and full exhaust and it is suppose to from the videos that I have seen. I have called sct but they are no help at all they keep hanging up on me.
It is an 8 spd as well.

OP
OP
reddevil78

reddevil78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 he I
So can you change the tire size on this tuner? Seems like the website says you cant?

I have changed the tire size on mine but my option are very limited from the option that I've seen the sct gives to Eco boosts and mustangs.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I'm just going to come out and say there's no way you can get 24 or 25 US MPG unless you're driving downhill. That's better than a stock hemi. The evic is definitely off, you should hand calculate those numbers.

I can see you getting 20-21, maybe 22-23 if you went slow enough and drove on flat roads, but 24-25 just isn't possible.

I hypermilled my truck and the best I could do was 22 MPG US. That was doing 50 mph on cruise, not accelerating hard, fluctuating speed on hills. Custom tuned, 91 octane, S&B CAI, summer fuel, MBRP Cat back, 1 person in the truck.

Before my lift and tires I could get 24 mpg doing 55 mph on the same route.

Not trying to sound like a ****, but you need to show hand calculated numbers and fuel bills to prove that kind of a statement.

My Hypermill thread for reference:

http://www.ramforum.com/f44/hypermilling_lifted_2014_ram_1500_a-72949/

Try this: Fill the truck up at a gas station when you leave home. Take a pic of the bill. Complete your round trip and fill at the same pump at the same station. Only fill to kick off on both fill ups. Now crunch the numbers. How many miles driven, how many gallons of fuel used? That will give you a 100% accurate look at your true MPG.

My last fill up was 2 US MPG off on my evic.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
My last fill up was 2 US MPG off on my evic.

I know it's a **** move , especially after you took the time to write all that... But I couldn't help but to laugh at this..

Lol... Is a mile shorter/longer somewhere else in the world other than the US?

I agree that it would be amazing to have those numbers.. My truck, stock (8spd 3:21), was getting 23mpg highway on the evic...shows about 18mpg hwy now. (Not adjusted for larger tires).

IMO

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I know it's a **** move , especially after you took the time to write all that... But I couldn't help but to laugh at this..

Lol... Is a mile shorter/longer somewhere else in the world other than the US?

I agree that it would be amazing to have those numbers.. My truck, stock (8spd 3:21), was getting 23mpg highway on the evic...shows about 18mpg hwy now. (Not adjusted for larger tires).

IMO
Haha! Well I wrote that because there's also an Imperial MPG. An imperial gallon is larger than a US gallon. In Canada we use either L/100 KMS or Imperial MPG. I wrote US just so any Canadians would know I wasn't talking in imperial gallons. 25 US mpg works out to 30 Imperial mpg.

I wrote the post with US numbers just to make it easier for the OP lol.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well let me start of with when I first got my Toyos and my truck had merely a levling kit I would not get anymore that 14 mpg on the highway at cruising speed and averaging out at 12.2 mpg.
I was like holy crap. Well now I have a 4inch lift but I compensated with an SCT tuner. I was kinda spectacle at first because hemi engines are all about timing and what not.
So far I'm loving it I'm bottoming out at average 14.0 mpg with my foot on the gas and highway I'll run anywhere from 20-25 now with those big ole' 35's and I'm extremely happy plus I a heck of a hp boost and torque you can feel down under when hauling.
db22ec4fc4a637171bd7a4752ca9f753.jpg
159cea23bffbe8ae7466c5eb5a570870.jpg
Where did you get that tuner? My gas milage is killing me. Im getting like 12.5mpg and 16mpg on the freeway.. All i did was get 305/55r20.. Where did you get it and how much was it?

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemifever is the name of a fella who makes some nice tunes(not music) for the hemi..Not gonna gain gobs of powe but there is a small gain and a bit of a placibo effect..All in all its worth it to het a diablo trinity and a tune..Now if you have a newer one,your limited by your bank account cause the 15/16 models needs an ecu and tuner or send your ecu to be cracked and a tuner..I love the options of the trinity..
Im not gettin one just now for my 16 cause a grand for an ecy and a tuner plus some more coin for a tune is a bit much for me right now..

BiroRamRT

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hemifever is the name of a fella who makes some nice tunes(not music) for the hemi..Not gonna gain gobs of powe but there is a small gain and a bit of a placibo effect..All in all its worth it to het a diablo trinity and a tune..Now if you have a newer one,your limited by your bank account cause the 15/16 models needs an ecu and tuner or send your ecu to be cracked and a tuner..I love the options of the trinity..
Im not gettin one just now for my 16 cause a grand for an ecy and a tuner plus some more coin for a tune is a bit much for me right now..
guess in not getting it lol. I wanted to spend $600

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
All I can say is with my canned 91oct tune off my trinity t1000 my best 0-60 was 8.5 and with my one 0-60 with my hemi fever tune I had a 6.5. My truck is a 6 speed with 3.55's and 37's. It might have been a fluke but that's what my tuner said. I'm going to try it again tonight

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
All I can say is with my canned 91oct tune off my trinity t1000 my best 0-60 was 8.5 and with my one 0-60 with my hemi fever tune I had a 6.5. My truck is a 6 speed with 3.55's and 37's. It might have been a fluke but that's what my tuner said. I'm going to try it again tonight

I've never actually tried that with mine. When I get it out of the shop in a month I'll give it a shot. Thanks barbed wire :(