My Lift Is Officially Complete!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Looks good. I had those tires in a smaller size in my 13 and wanted some 325/60r20's for the 14 I have now but the budget wouldn't allow for it without giving up the flares and took box.
Thanks, yeah I was really set on having this size! They were on order for almost 3 months and when they came in there was a huge sale on! $401 per tire regular $ 536 per tire. Saved me a lot!

Very happy with how the tires ride and handle on snowy roads! Plus I love the slight hum the give off haha

RyanJM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Express RC Black Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ya I went with some federal cougaria mt's since they were $1k for the set OTD.

2014StormTrooper

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Longhorn 4x4 2003 LY Evo VIII ER Built 2.2L
Engine
6.7 CTD / 4G63
makes me wanna get my truck done quicker lol

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Has me considering the 3" BL again... Oh the decisions. That or get a diesel.. hmm Great work man looks awesome

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Haha thanks guys! The only thing I'm not happy about regarding the body lift is putting gap guards in. I need to get some because the sand and salt is getting onto the bottom of the engine!

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Haha thanks guys! The only thing I'm not happy about regarding the body lift is putting gap guards in. I need to get some because the sand and salt is getting onto the bottom of the engine!

How bad is the gap do you have any pictures (side view)?

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
How bad is the gap do you have any pictures (side view)?
Not sure why the pics decided upside down was the best way to view them..but here they are!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418659103514.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418659103514.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 30
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418659161775.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418659161775.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 27

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Not sure why the pics decided upside down was the best way to view them..but here they are!

yeah that's a decent gap, I would have the same issue up here in VT with road grime. How's the back end? Do you have that annoying see through area between the bed and the frame like the old trucks used to get?

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
yeah that's a decent gap, I would have the same issue up here in VT with road grime. How's the back end? Do you have that annoying see through area between the bed and the frame like the old trucks used to get?
Oh weird, I thought I posted the back too but I guess the front went up twice! Here's the back

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418659987906.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418659987906.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 32

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Oh weird, I thought I posted the back too but I guess the front went up twice! Here's the back

The backs not to bad, nothing like the old trucks frame gap.
Are you planning on getting a filler piece for the front?

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
The backs not to bad, nothing like the old trucks frame gap.
Are you planning on getting a filler piece for the front?
Yeah the back is good! I will be getting gap guards for the front. Just trying to see if I can find any in Canada!

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yeah the back is good! I will be getting gap guards for the front. Just trying to see if I can find any in Canada!

Who makes them? Companies I mean because sometimes they will do Intl shipping if you call and ask them.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Who makes them? Companies I mean because sometimes they will do Intl shipping if you call and ask them.
PA makes them. That's the company that makes the body lift too. The issue with buying in the US is that I'll get hit with a extra 15% exchange rate plus the shipping is more expensive. If I can't find any up here I know Moe's has them so I'll get them there!

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi
PA makes them. That's the company that makes the body lift too. The issue with buying in the US is that I'll get hit with a extra 15% exchange rate plus the shipping is more expensive. If I can't find any up here I know Moe's has them so I'll get them there!

it's to bad you weren't closer I'd say ship it to me and come down and install it then head back north but the drive wouldn't be worth it, if you were near Montréal it would work nicely.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
it's to bad you weren't closer I'd say ship it to me and come down and install it then head back north but the drive wouldn't be worth it, if you were near Montréal it would work nicely.
Haha well I'm sure I'll figure something out. Worst case scenario I pay a bit more and buy from the US

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Those tires made a HUGE difference. Looks awesome!!!

I think I may be misinformed, but how does a 2" lift up front and a 1.5" in the rear level out the truck? Wouldn't that bring the back up again so that it doesn't level out? I'm incredibly confused right now...Still in the debating process of a 4" or 6" suspension lift on my 35s, and I LOVE the look/stance your truck has. If I calculated it correctly, your truck's tires should be around 35.4"?

Last edited:

VTBighorn

Reaction score
Ram Year
'14
Engine
5.7 Hemi

I think I may be misinformed, but how does a 2" lift up front and a 1.5" in the rear level out the truck? Wouldn't that bring the back up again so that it doesn't level out? I'm incredibly confused right now...Still in the debating process of a 4" or 6" suspension lift on my 35s, and I LOVE the look/stance your truck has. If I calculated it correctly, your truck's tires should be around 35.4"?

I'm with you about the "leveling" when you raise the back it would bring the rake back. But it does look good. I am also considering a 4" don't need a 6" and won't ever go over a 35" tire so a 6" is overkill for me.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel

Thanks man! The truck has a 1" rake right now. When I took it to the shop I was just going to do a 2" front spacer with the body lift. They called me after a couple hours to say that with the 2" front spacer the truck was sitting nose high. They put the 1.5" spacer in the rear and it turned out pretty good! I'm not exactly sure how but it did lol

Yeah the tires sit 34.5" high from ground to the top of the tread!

Revo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I'm with you about the "leveling" when you raise the back it would bring the rake back. But it does look good. I am also considering a 4" don't need a 6" and won't ever go over a 35" tire so a 6" is overkill for me.
If only I could get an accurate representation of what MY truck woad look like with a 4 or 6, I'd be able to make my decision...I just feel a little sad spending over 2 grand on 1.5" more lift in the front with only 2" in the rear...I've seen some trucks that claim to run 35s and look perfect, yet some that have tires that look insanely small and gives the truck too much of a "tall" look. xrsman's truck is exactly what I think I'm looking for but in the form of a suspension lift.