My Plan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
I replaced that block with a longer shackle and an add-a-leaf.

I may have to do that.

That makes two of us!!

If I want to go the Bilstein route to level it, I just need the fronts, right? Or should I do all four?

Just the front. The Pro Comp lift comes with new rear struts.

Might as well go all out! I only saw one height on the pro comp kit, so just the lift and front Bilsteins?

Yes, that's correct, Pro Comp only offers one lift for our trucks currently.

I think so you would have to ask Kevin on that one. He has the 6" lift with the bilsteins set at 2.1" I believe.

My measurements are 46" rear, 44" front. I need the Bilsteins set at 2.1 to get me sitting level again. I haven't ordered the Bilsteins yet, but will be soon. Too many other things keep coming up.

durango4819

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
i wanted a RCX 6'' lift for my truck when i started thinking about lifting it but after being on this forum im completely convinced to not buy one. im leaning to the pro comp lift now. although no complaints on my RCX leveling kit, a leveling kit is nowhere near as intricate as a complete suspension lift and my truck is too new to cheap out on. although i probably wont lift it till a little whie down the road its nice too know all this. this thread was real helpful

candy08

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sounds like everyone has put out good and helpful information and has you headed right. That price you had for the RCX installed was HIGH! Honestly I don't think you can go wrong with any of the lifts. I would definately think about 37s with a 6" tho, the 35s will look small....right Kevin :crazy: Like others have said yes you can reuse your TPMS sensor. if you dont you can get a set of 4 for $100 off ebay like this guy did. Yes look into the 4.56, the stock gears arent bad, but more power is always a good thing! I dunno what everyones hate on RCX is. I have the RCX 6" on my truck and it's great. This is also my 4th truck with a RCX 6" lift......never had any issues. I would ask people that have experience with that brand of lift on the application you're putting it on. Just do some digging and research on the lifts and how they are lifted. If you're gonna do the Bilsteins with the the 6"....the RCX is gonna be bigger everytime :drool:

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Before you decide 35 vs 37, ask yourself this-

Is this a "looks good on the street" truck or something you want to use offroad?

37s look great stuffed in there, but they will rub like crazy everytime you flex the truck. If "offroad" just means driving slow on a dirt road then go for 37s. Just be real about your use. I have a set of 35s and a set of 37s on a 9" lift and I would never use the 37s for offroad.

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First off, you have 9" of lift. Second, You get those front tires turned and flexed with just a 6" lift... You'll be rubbing.

The Assassin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am not as impressed with the Zone kit compared to the Pro Comp kit.

Where are the diff drop brackets to keep proper alignment on your cv shafts? Where are the crossmember stabilizers so tiny? Why do the cross members look so tiny?

Look at the pics in the links above.

Look at mine at ATN. I am quite happy with it. Zone is the sister company to BDS.

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
OP said back on page 3 that sounds like he will get the Bilsteins, meaning he will have the same setup as Scott. 6" lift + 2.8" Bilsteins makes it (round up) 9" of lift, giving him the exact same setup. If he sets the Bilsteins at 2.1" he's still going to have 8" of lift which would still allow him plenty of room for 37s. True though, if he goes off road alot and flexes it out, 35s maybe better, but for overall use and looks 37s would look better. Something to keep in mind.

OP
OP
AV8B6015

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Haha, I thought this decision was supposed to be EASY?????

I want the truck to sit level, so I'll likely be going the Bilstein route, but that will probably be a little while. The banker is already quite unhappy with me, no need to push her over the edge.
What's a ballpark figure I should expect for the RCX lift installed? $2100 was the quote I got, but I have no idea if that's high or low.
What's a reasonable labor cost to install a lift like this?

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Before you decide 35 vs 37, ask yourself this-

Is this a "looks good on the street" truck or something you want to use offroad?

37s look great stuffed in there, but they will rub like crazy everytime you flex the truck. If "offroad" just means driving slow on a dirt road then go for 37s. Just be real about your use. I have a set of 35s and a set of 37s on a 9" lift and I would never use the 37s for offroad.

I'm not sure what everyone is "agreeing" with each other about and pulling out long lost quotes like it's a bible convention in here...

6" lift and 37s = rub offroad

9" lift = I still don't use 37s offroad

Is that what you're all agreeing with?

All of your trucks look pretty new and shiny so I'm going to question how much they're actually offroad other than a slow dirt road. I'm no hardcore offroader either. I just know that everytime I try, that damn front suspension is a dissapointment. Articulation is a serious issue for our IFS front ends. Turn your wheel hard left/right and climb something, you will find out real quick.

So back to my quoted post above- just be honest with yourself about what your looking for. I run 37s on the street because they look cool as all hell. But I know they suck offroad.

OP
OP
AV8B6015

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Mine will be a "looks only" truck for sure. I am not going to be doing any serious off roading. I do live on a long dirt road, but as far as getting in any real deep mud or climbing anything, that's not likely to happen.

candy08

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Haha, I thought this decision was supposed to be EASY?????

I want the truck to sit level, so I'll likely be going the Bilstein route, but that will probably be a little while. The banker is already quite unhappy with me, no need to push her over the edge.
What's a ballpark figure I should expect for the RCX lift installed? $2100 was the quote I got, but I have no idea if that's high or low.
What's a reasonable labor cost to install a lift like this?

I didnt see the 2100 for the lift and installed. Thats actually a reall good deal. I belive mine was 8 hours of labor at. $80/hr and $115 for an alignment and another $80 for mount and balance. The the lift is what 1399, so yea bud 2100 is a good deal!

I'm not sure what everyone is "agreeing" with each other about and pulling out long lost quotes like it's a bible convention in here...

6" lift and 37s = rub offroad

9" lift = I still don't use 37s offroad

Is that what you're all agreeing with?

All of your trucks look pretty new and shiny so I'm going to question how much they're actually offroad other than a slow dirt road. I'm no hardcore offroader either. I just know that everytime I try, that damn front suspension is a dissapointment. Articulation is a serious issue for our IFS front ends. Turn your wheel hard left/right and climb something, you will find out real quick.

So back to my quoted post above- just be honest with yourself about what your looking for. I run 37s on the street because they look cool as all hell. But I know they suck offroad.

I dont know what i was agreeing with, i just wanted to fit in :)
Why are ypu giving lifted 4th gen information? You dont have a lifted 4 gen, you dont even have a 4th gen. So to give someone help when you personally have no experience with whats he askin has no credability. Its weird the guys with lifted 4th gens say ita a go and then theres you. That's just like these guys telling him the RCX lifts are a POS. Ask the guys that actually have the RCX lift on a 4th gen truck. See what they tell you.
6+" and 37s = no rub on a 4th gen
Dont group me with the shiny truck club. You've never seen my truck. However your sig says you're in that club. Yah I wouldnt take you for an offroader either with fun countries and mall grapplers. Fyi if you're going for articulation and/or climbing for that matter, yes this truck is a big FAIL for that. Thats why god made jeeps :naughty: trust me, for everything else this truck does GREAT. Coming from someone that has the specs ur asking OP and also someone that just sold his wives JK RCX 3.5" Rubi on 35s :)

RubberFrog

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont know what i was agreeing with, i just wanted to fit in :)
Why are ypu giving lifted 4th gen information? You dont have a lifted 4 gen, you dont even have a 4th gen. So to give someone help when you personally have no experience with whats he askin has no credability. Its weird the guys with lifted 4th gens say ita a go and then theres you. That's just like these guys telling him the RCX lifts are a POS. Ask the guys that actually have the RCX lift on a 4th gen truck. See what they tell you.
6+" and 37s = no rub on a 4th gen
Dont group me with the shiny truck club. You've never seen my truck. However your sig says you're in that club. Yah I wouldnt take you for an offroader either with fun countries and mall grapplers. Fyi if you're going for articulation and/or climbing for that matter, yes this truck is a big FAIL for that. Thats why god made jeeps :naughty: trust me, for everything else this truck does GREAT. Coming from someone that has the specs ur asking OP and also someone that just sold his wives JK RCX 3.5" Rubi on 35s :)

First, you have the same front suspension. Sorry to disappoint you.

Second, I comment on any thread I please because I run this site.

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Back on topic or this thread goes bye bye .

Frog has been in the dodge truck scene for YEARS .. he has countless years in it . He knows what he is talking about . I also agree with him . 3rd gen and 4th gen .. same IFS platform look it up / call dodge . 35's on a IFS with 6" lift = you can wheel . 37's on IFS with 6" = looks .
You want to run 37's with a 6" lift and have zero rub and full flex get a 2500 with SFA .

And Blake , Please refrain from talking to my staff in that manor.
From here on out in this thread we WILL stay on topic or time out slips will be handed out .

RH

candy08

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Congrats on running a forum, i figured that when i seen Admin under your name.
I also realize it's the same IFS, but are the rubbing points in the same location like fenderwells, fender liners, bumpers, valences, pinch seams etc.
Once again i also now realize you give your opinion on any thread you want, sweet admin rights. But I think OP wanted facts not opinions.

Edit. No direspect intended Ramhunter, i told Frog the same in a pm. No worries on the time out slip, I won't be back.

Last edited:

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Your call bud . But... we all just like to inform and give opinions . That is what a forum is about . Negative or positive any info is good info .

OP
OP
AV8B6015

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Wow,
Looks like I missed all the "action". Let me just say that I appreciate all of the input. That's why forums like this one exist, so that all different viewpoints and experiences can be discussed in one place, right? Anyhow, here is what I am grappling with;
The guy that quoted me $2100 for the RCX lift installed has done work for me before, and I trust him. That goes a long way, at least for me. I am getting the price of a Pro Comp installed tomorrow, and I will also ask him what just the labor price would be if I provide the lift. If it's a no go on those, and the deal on the RCX is considerably better, I might just go ahead and have him put it on. I am certain he will stand behind it, and like I said, I trust him. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Oh, and as far as doing it myself, I know jack about suspensions, and I lack a lift and most of the specialized tools. Plus, I just don't have a lot of time to work on it these days. Job, wife, kids and 4 wheelers keep me pretty busy!!

Last edited:

Musclemckeester

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
$2100 sounds like a decent deal. I would just verify that the shop will stand behind the lifetime warranty of the RCX lift. That probably wouldn't be my first choice though, definitely see how much the Pro Comp would be.

OP
OP
AV8B6015

AV8B6015

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
It's (just about) a done deal. Truck gets dropped off tomorrow, and it's getting 6" RCX lift, ATX Justice wheels (20x9 with a -12) and **** Cepek 35x12.50.20's for tires. I can't wait!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye