My plan, does it need fixing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dryates

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I have bils im going to have installed by a shop, as I just dont have all the tools or the space to do it myself, nor the help, and they want 250 for install of fronts with an alignment. So my plan is to have them installed there as well as my Mevos while they're at it. Afterwards i want to do the rear bils and a 1 inch spacer, most likely. Im also going to get 20x10 -25 offset wheels and probably 305/55r20s toyo at2s. Now is this plan fine, or should I just do the wheels and tires first and the rear bils/spacer, and then have the fronts done, to avoid having to pay for a second alignment, I guess what im really asking is will i need another alignment after adding the rear spacer and wheels, if i were to go ahead and get the front bils installed. 2014 ram 1500 4x4, which already has unknown front coil spacers on from when i purchased.

GIJoe2010

No sh*t, there I was . . .
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should only need a front end alignment. I did Bils at 2.8 and Mevos myself, then an alignment. The rear I did a Top Gun Customz 3/4" spacer myself as well, no rear alignment needed.

$250 sounds pretty good for Bils, UCAs, and an alignment. I would definitely do the level first to ensure you get the right look and then the right tire/wheel combo you like (I'm leaning toward 18s when I upgrade). I wish I would have done the level first as I could have probably fit 35s on the OEM 20s, but I have 275/65/R20 Cooper Discoverer ATPs (according to Cooper they run at 34.2").

IMG_3956_zpsfgp20sef.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dryates

Dryates

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welp now the local shop wants to charge 2 extra hours for UCA install, WTF. I mean, if they already have everything apart for the shocks, its like 4 bolts to change them out, like 10 minutes a side tops right? looks like this will now be a DIY if this is gonna be the case.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
That BS! They quote you for 2 hours and want another 2 half way through it. I would tell them to go "F" themselves, put whatever they were suppose to do back and get out of there. Just me.

OP
OP
Dryates

Dryates

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This was before they even started, luckily, so im not out anything, i just can't understand why they think it would take two hours to unbolt 4 bolts and put them back in (basically), since they would have to undo the UCA anyways to get to the struts, the first quoted 250. I mean i even told them that its just unbolting and replacing since they would be in there anyways, and that they already had the ball joints in place. He tried to give me some BS about having to do all this extra BS, so I left. Worst part is this is suppose to be the Big offroad shop in my town, such a shame as im sure others are getting screwed all the time.