My Ram Night on 37's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HDHNTER

US AIR FORCE VETERAN OEF - OIF
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Sharp looking ride, well done!

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Truck looks great! JB1 what is the difference between the 6112 and 5100 ride height adj struts?
Thanks guys

The 6112’s are much larger dia, almost 2-3/4” with a 60mm internal piston so they hold more volume. They also come with new coils. I swear I read the coils were made by eibach but I can’t find where I read that so don’t hold me to it. With the new coils at each corner my truck doesn’t lean side to side, I’m within 1/8 to 3/16 front to front and back to back.

2010 Infantry Vet

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks guys

The 6112’s are much larger dia, almost 2-3/4” with a 60mm internal piston so they hold more volume. They also come with new coils. I swear I read the coils were made by eibach but I can’t find where I read that so don’t hold me to it. With the new coils at each corner my truck doesn’t lean side to side, I’m within 1/8 to 3/16 front to front and back to back.

Wish i would have known they are heavier duty, I would have bought and installed them instead. You my friend have done your homework.

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What part # for the rear Bils shocks? Never knew you could use Bils on rear with a 6" lift kit?

Superlift uses them on their kits and I wanted them on all 4 corners too. The shocks dimensions were the same as my BDS so I went with the Bils too.

You will need quantity 2 of Bilstein 5100 46MM rear shocks P/N 33-185569 w/superlift 77-80038.
You must buy the superlift bushing kit for this to work, bilstein doesn't make a shock off the shelf with the length and bushings for our trucks. Just call superlift and order them over the phone, they are approx. $7 per set and you need one set per shock so order quantity 2. You can buy the shocks too from them but I don't know if their price is competitive.

S0CAL

US Marine Veteran
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited Longhorn CTD HO DRW 4x4
Engine
Cummins 6.7L HO
Superlift uses them on their kits and I wanted them on all 4 corners too. The shocks dimensions were the same as my BDS so I went with the Bils too.

You will need quantity 2 of Bilstein 5100 46MM rear shocks P/N 33-185569 w/superlift 77-80038.
You must buy the superlift bushing kit for this to work, bilstein doesn't make a shock off the shelf with the length and bushings for our trucks. Just call superlift and order them over the phone, they are approx. $7 per set and you need one set per shock so order quantity 2. You can buy the shocks too from them but I don't know if their price is competitive.
@JB1, you went with Billsteins over BDS/Fox? If I have that right, what sold you going that route? I am wondering if I threw $$ away when I dropped my Bils 5100s and went with Zone (Fox) Nitros. Not apples to apples, I know, but curious nonetheless.

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L

Would doing the rears work with a 6" Rough Country lift? That's what I have. Got Bils 5100 already up front with the RC 2.0 rears. Wouldn't mind putting Bils on later down the road.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
5.9L Magnum and 5.7L hemi
My lift hasn't gone on yet but have bils for front and got the nitro shocks with my zone lift for rear. Wonder how they compare to superlifts bils for the rear

Chris STL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love your truck. But I am seriously conflicted when it comes to that style of fender flare. I've gone back and forth and I'm still undecided. What made you choose this style as opposed to say, the Mopar version or another style without the rivets? I'm not criticizing, I'm seriously curious.

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
@JB1, you went with Billsteins over BDS/Fox? If I have that right, what sold you going that route? I am wondering if I threw $$ away when I dropped my Bils 5100s and went with Zone (Fox) Nitros. Not apples to apples, I know, but curious nonetheless.

I read many on here say the fox shocks were too soft some say too stiff several on here have switched seemed like a quality control issue so I just avoided it all together. I like the Bils since they are monotube on lifetime warranty so I just started with these and have Bils all around.
http://www.ramforum.com/threads/installed-bds-6-lift-fox-2-0-shocks-are-way-to-soft.98777/

I think the stiff ride from the BDS kit has a lot to do with the rear Fox shocks. They are extremely stiff, so I think I'm going to be getting rid of mine. I havent decided on which shock to replace it with yet, but the Fox rear shocks will be coming off. They are almost impossible to compress by hand while on the truck which is overkill for how I use the truck.

Would doing the rears work with a 6" Rough Country lift? That's what I have. Got Bils 5100 already up front with the RC 2.0 rears. Wouldn't mind putting Bils on later down the road.

I have 5” rear coils but just compare your shocks measurements to the Bils to be sure. However if I’m not mistaken superlift uses the same shock part # on the 4” kit too

My lift hasn't gone on yet but have bils for front and got the nitro shocks with my zone lift for rear. Wonder how they compare to superlifts bils for the rear

I dunno I never tried the nitro shocks are they monotube?
I have no complaints with my Bils.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I love your truck. But I am seriously conflicted when it comes to that style of fender flare. I've gone back and forth and I'm still undecided. What made you choose this style as opposed to say, the Mopar version or another style without the rivets? I'm not criticizing, I'm seriously curious.

They are Mopar OEM flares made in USA.

I originally bought white bushwacker $700 flares and the paint didn’t match (couple shades off) so I had to send them back. I also didn’t like the way they fit especially the rubber edge trim at the front where it makes the bends around the headlight. After all that I decided I wanted some OEM flares so they would “maybe” fit better. I found these Mopar flares that were offered only on the Ram Rebel Mopar Edition 2016 so I had my dealer order them. These fit great and actually have less “bolt heads” showing than others (go ahead count them and compare lol) plus you don’t have to remove or eliminate your emblems.

I kinda went back and forth on the black versus painted.

http://www.ramforum.com/threads/black-flares-on-lifted-white-ram-1500-sport-need-advice.109712/

I appreciate the criticism and honestly just this past weekend I was thinking about removing them and not having any flares....just to change it up although they have protected my paint.

Here’s my truck the day I brought it home from lift shop with no flares.

D81A34DC-FF6B-4B22-B773-D0D50677566D.jpeg

8431BAFC-0B2D-42A5-A626-17CC64413F54.jpeg

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
If you decide to take them off how much would you want for your flares?

Chris STL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thank you for taking the time to share your thought process. I totally get it. It's such a beautiful truck that you could put a set of Yosemite Sam mud flaps on it and it would still be so nice, that it wouldn't matter a bit.
It looks killer with and without the flares in my opinion.

BTW, I had the color matched door handles you helped me locate installed yesterday. Thanks again for the part#s. I'll take some pics here in a little while.

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
No worries. I can get 25% off thru my dad so no big deal. Just figured if you need them gone I could take em off ur hands ;) lol. Do you have a model number by chance? I see they have ones for ram 1500s now but not sure if they are any different than urs since you said yours came off a rebel

OP
OP
JB1

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rebel, 2500 and 3500 all use the same flares due to the front bumper. The 1500’s with metal front bumpers use the 1500 flares. Most of the sport bumper owners opt for the 2500 flares because the flares don’t roll down or extend as far down in front (if that makes sense).

I bought 82214577AC

9849FBA5-9E57-46E8-8A1C-2E9FA1E75370.jpeg

bigred74

Reaction score
Ram Year
1999 and 2017
Engine
My buddy is in Daytona at jeep week... we need that lol