Need all opinions and info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
Hey all I just picked up my 2014 Ram 1500 4x4 I'm looking into the best options to lift my truck. I am looking to do a 6 inch lift. I have a local company trying to sell me on the Pro comp coil over suspension lift. My questions are, is there a a significant difference between a coil over lift and a spacer lift? Other than ride quality and is it really worth it? I've read a few threads saying zone and superlift are the way to go but all shops I have talked to have told me to stay away from them... I'm just trying to get opinions from people who own the trucks and know how they perform once lifted. Also the truck is gonna be for mild recreational use. No mud holes for this truck any time soon. Here is a pic of the truck as it sits now more pics of upgrades when they happen
523ca6b5b61e9580f28897ad712c217d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ferro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a zone lift kit and love it. The truck rides like it's not even lifted.

OP
OP
S

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
That's what other threads have said as well. My only concern is all shops I have spoken to said they are crap and made of cheap material. It's getting hard to tell if they are serious or just trying to sell me a more expensive lift.

OP
OP
S

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
That's what other threads have said as well. I'm just trying to figure out if they are saying the lift is junk just to try and make me purchase a more expensive lift.

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I think they are telling you that to sell you a kit from a company they actually represent.

Good luck with your choice.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sooo... what are they suggesting you get?

That's what other threads have said as well. I'm just trying to figure out if they are saying the lift is junk just to try and make me purchase a more expensive lift.

OP
OP
S

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
Sooo... what are they suggesting you get?

They are suggesting I get the Pro comp coil over system that costs roughly$2800.00

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They are suggesting I get the Pro comp coil over system that costs roughly$2800.00

F--- all that noise. I mean you can...it's a credible company with years of experience behind it but for your need zone, bds etc...will do just fine and cheaper at that.

99% of members on here either run zone, bds or super lift......and then there's me with RCX. :naughty:

Any of these systems and you will be good to go. :happy107:

OP
OP
S

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
F--- all that noise. I mean you can...it's a credible company with years of experience behind it but for your need zone, bds etc...will do just fine and cheaper at that.

99% of members on here either run zone, bds or super lift......and then there's me with RCX. :naughty:

Any of these systems and you will be good to go. :happy107:

Thats what I thought. How is the RCX lift? And are UPA's a necessity? I'm only gonna be pulling about 4K in weight behind the truck

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thats what I thought. How is the RCX lift? And are UPA's a necessity? I'm only gonna be pulling about 4K in weight behind the truck

I've been completely content with my RCX lift .....though.....99% of members here will tell you to shy away from them lol if you look through the lifted section you'll find'em.

UCAS? Ehhh....you'll get mixed opinions on those too but replacing them is not necessary. There's actually been a couple issues lately that members have had using aftermarket UCAs....mevotechs I believe.

I'm sure you'll get more opinions on this thread with time.

OP
OP
S

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
I've been completely content with my RCX lift .....though.....99% of members here will tell you to shy away from them lol if you look through the lifted section you'll find'em.

UCAS? Ehhh....you'll get mixed opinions on those too but replacing them is not necessary. There's actually been a couple issues lately that members have had using aftermarket UCAs....mevotechs I believe.

I'm sure you'll get more opinions on this thread with time.

Yeah I meant UCA's. Sorry for the typo. The only reason I ask is because I had a lifted Tacoma and it was a necessity to change the UCA

BigBlueRam09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
I wanted the RCX, but my shop talked me into the zone 6" . It's a great middle of the road lift IMO. My truck rides great and I have no issues.

Sent from somewhere far, far away.

OP
OP
S

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
I wanted the RCX, but my shop talked me into the zone 6" . It's a great middle of the road lift IMO. My truck rides great and I have no issues.

What rear option did you go with on the zone? And what size wheel and tire are you running?

BigBlueRam09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
What rear option did you go with on the zone? And what size wheel and tire are you running?

I went 5" on the rear and put bilstein 5100's all the way around and am running 37's on 20x12 Xd Riots. I like the set up and look for now. 08ec25caf3bdcb295362a4e832d47565.jpg

OP
OP
S

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
I went 5" on the rear and put bilstein 5100's all the way around and am running 37's on 20x12 Xd Riots. I like the set up and look for now. 08ec25caf3bdcb295362a4e832d47565.jpg

Your truck looks awesome and did the bilsteins come with the lift or was it another charge? I'm also thinking of running a 35 not a 37

BigBlueRam09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V8
Your truck looks awesome and did the bilsteins come with the lift or was it another charge? I'm also thinking of running a 35 not a 37

The bilstein's aren't included with any lift that I know of. I wanted to run new shocks and they are exactly what I need. I believe a lot of folks run those. Tire size is definitely a personal choice and really depends on the look you want. Good luck!

OP
OP
S

Shane1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
He I 5.7
The bilstein's aren't included with any lift that I know of. I wanted to run new shocks and they are exactly what I need. I believe a lot of folks run those. Tire size is definitely a personal choice and really depends on the look you want. Good luck!

Thank you for the info!

Coop427

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Ram 1500 Sport
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just picked up a Superlift 4" for my 2014 Ram 1500 for $1600 and I'm planning on running 35's. My dodge dealer recommended Superlift but that's not saying others aren't good. Just my preference.