Need help knuckle hitting control arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Texas2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't think the wheel is the issue ? The knuckle will be the same distance from arm regardless of wheel correct?

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not exactly... Many wheels come in different offsets... And depending on your offset, it could be the issue.

Adam

OP
OP
T

Texas2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get that but my wheel or tire rubbing or hitting anything isn't the issue. It is the piece behind my brakes and everything (see pictures on 1st page) that is hitting the arms it has a lip on rear side the touches when I turn sharp

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Take it back and see what they say. But I can almost guarantee you that their fix is probably going to be the cheapest spacers they can find.

If that is the case, and it were me. I would either tell them to take the truck back (they won't), replace my wheels with the proper offset, or replace that rcx kit with a better quality (and buy you some new wheels on your own $).

No way would I accept spacers, not only because I don't trust them, but especially after them selling you the truck like that.

IMO

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I get that but my wheel or tire rubbing or hitting anything isn't the issue. It is the piece behind my brakes and everything (see pictures on 1st page) that is hitting the arms it has a lip on rear side the touches when I turn sharp

Your pics are very hard to make out. Maybe zoom out so we can see the bigger picture and let it focus better.

IMO

OP
OP
T

Texas2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will post better pics in the morning when it is daylight I was in a hurry and it was dark plus I probably wasn't holding this i-phone still. But I agree Austin I will not accept cheap spacers I think I'm going to go to a shop tommorow and see what they recommend then call dealer and see what I can do

OP
OP
T

Texas2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Appreciate the feedback guys I will update you all tomorrow

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Edit:

Though I kinda misread knuckle hitting "control arms"... Mistaking that for damage on your "knuckles"... And the fact that those really do look like -12mm offset. Taking it somewhere else, or maybe waiting for someone else with one of these famous rcx kits to chime in, would be the way to go.

Be sure to follow up, so it can be added to the list of why rcx is great.

Last edited:

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Has nothing to do with the wheel offset all trucks do that. It's just the "limit" of the turning

OP
OP
T

Texas2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update:
Took it to a lift and suspension specialty shop today and they said it looks like the front arms for the lift are for a earlier model like 12 or 13 instead of a 14 that's why I'm not getting full turn radius and it is hitting lower arms. So long story short I called dealer and dropped off my baby today they said they will have their suspension/lift people correct the issue so I will have to pay nothing. So I will pick it back up sometime next week

OP
OP
T

Texas2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So they will have to either get correct front arms or put another lift on it don't matter to me just glad it is getting fixed! Thanks for all of your helpful advice

OP
OP
T

Texas2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I can't wait till its done. Putting amp auto steps on as soon as I get it back. Also new all weather mats, bedliner, tint front and brow. I will post pics as I get things done