Need Info/Help About Lifting My '10 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Icejob8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
First off I am new to this forum or any forum for that matter so please excuse me if I posted this incorrectly etc....

So, I have a 2010 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Cab. I love this truck and am considering lifting it up. My problem is; I leveled the truck with Rancho QuickLift Struts. I am considering a Rough Country 4" or a Tuff Country 4". But they both level and lift at the same time. So I am thinking that if I use one of these kits the front would end up higher than the back do to the front strut spacer in addition to the Rancho Strut.

I am not very mechanically inclined on something like this, learning as I go!!!

My thought was this: which ever kit I buy, use all the included parts EXPECT the front strut spacer, and buy spacers that will lift the front the same as the rear. Does that make sense, will that work, safe etc???

Next, I have a set of Cooper Discoverer STT Pro 35x12.5R20 tires I got from a guy for $800. He put roughly 2K miles on them and decided to go less aggressive. For now, until Money allows I want to run them on my Factory Wheel. Do I need spacers or anything???

Last but not least, once I do have money for wheels I would like the Gear Manifold Finished Black wheels. I believe they are available in 0 or -12. Which would be best???

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Eline24lenny

Reaction score
Ram Year
2o12
Engine
5.7L
As for the rancho struts they are probably adjustable like bilsteins are so they would set it to the lowest setting and then your truck will sit level with the 4inch rough country lift as for putting that size tire on a stock rim you most likely will need a spacer and when you get the new wheels I personally like -12 offset they will stick out about an inch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For starters, I would look at lift kits that don't have "country" in their name. Check out superlift, or zone. Much better options. Better quality for a little bit more money. Dont know a lot about the rancho's, but i think they would be compatible with the lift kit. As for the tires (nice find btw!) You can run them on your stock wheels, but will need a spacer. Would recommend BORA 1.5". The 20x10 -12? They will stick out about 2.5".

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
As for the rancho struts they are probably adjustable like bilsteins are so they would set it to the lowest setting and then your truck will sit level with the 4inch rough country lift as for putting that size tire on a stock rim you most likely will need a spacer and when you get the new wheels I personally like -12 offset they will stick out about an inch

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ranchos are adjustable, but not like bilsteins. they are only adjustable for dampening, not ride height. how far a certain offset wheel will stick out depends on the width of the rim. without knowing what width rim the OP is looking at you cant say how far its going to stick out. a 20x9 wheel with a -12 offset is going to stick out more then an inch. add in the the wider 12.5" tires and its over 2"

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
And welcome! Tons of info on these pages. Search around.

OP
OP
Icejob8

Icejob8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Just an update:
I have purchased a Superlift 6" Suspension Lift with Bilstin Struts from lift kits 4 less. I also ordered XD Rockstar 20x8.5 +10 Black with Machined Face wrapped with AMP Terrain Gripper AT G 35x12.5R20 tires.
I hope to install later this month or early next.

My next question would be, do I or should I replace gears in transmission? I am going from roughly a 33" tire to a 35" tire. Granted the height is not much different but it is wider, heavier and more aggressive. I would rather rework the transmission in advance than damage it later...I just don't know if it's necessary????

Is there anything else I should do to reduce wear & tear, excessively fast wear, damage, etc?

Thanks

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome to the forum....you'll be very happy with the 6" Superlift....I've the 4" version.

Was there something wrong with the Cooper STT Pro's that you replaced them with AMPS? I've got the STT Pro's & they are an awesome tire, a lot lighter & quieter than the mud terrain competition.

OP
OP
Icejob8

Icejob8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Tires: just decided I watered to go with brand new.

Joeygster- did you need to change gears in your transmission after going up to bigger tires? What about steering stabilizer, did you do anything there?

Thanks

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Tires: just decided I watered to go with brand new.

Joeygster- did you need to change gears in your transmission after going up to bigger tires? What about steering stabilizer, did you do anything there?

Thanks

No other changes. I've got the 3.92 differential that I ordered for the truck.

OP
OP
Icejob8

Icejob8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ok so like I said my truck is "leveled" with Rancho QuickLift Struts. Today I measured from my driveway to highest point of fender opening. On the front I measured 39" the rear was 39.5".
I will be installing a 6" Superlift Suspension Lift with Bilstein shocks. I will also installing XD rockstar wheels with AMP Terrain Gripper AT 35x12.5 tires.
With that said, once everything is installed approximately what should I expect to measure from the road to highest point of fender well?
Just trying to get an idea, everything is already ordered/en route. Just excited to install it and see finished product. Want to kind of go outside with a tape measure and envision what it will look like.
Thanks