need lift options for 2013 on air suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

memosram22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a brand new 2013 with the idea of lifting it 2 days later after owning it I see that it came with air suspension nobody in the dealership told me that it was air suspension I never even knew rams came with air suspensions so I wanted to see if anyone has lifted there rams on air suspensions and what are the options it will help alot I can't find anything really except for a 3inch body lift made by PA

OP
OP
M

memosram22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any info will help its making me sick to my stomach thinking that I can't do what I whant to my $45000 truck

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was the air suspension not listed on the window sticker? If it wasn't I try to return it! I'm pretty sure body lifts are your only option as of now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

memosram22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No it wasn't I tried to return it or exchange it for something with regular suspension they didn't whant to they have this new law here in Cali called the cool off law once u sign you're stuck with it no returning. So they pulled that on me they did fire the salesman that sold me the truck but that doesn't help me.

kris319

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No it wasn't I tried to return it or exchange it for something with regular suspension they didn't whant to they have this new law here in Cali called the cool off law once u sign you're stuck with it no returning. So they pulled that on me they did fire the salesman that sold me the truck but that doesn't help me.

Dam that's a pretty crappy situation. Maybe try contacting Chrysler and keep raising hell at the dealership hoping they give in. It's probably a long shot but it doesn't seem like you have many options.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

swanny297

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
You got a $1700 option free if it wasn't on the window sticker - what other free factory options did u get - 45k is a lot of money to spend and not know what your buying

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Body lift. Or completely gut the whole air suspension and put in a lift, I have seen this done before. Don't ask me the details though. Guy on another forum had a long thread about it that was a job in itself just reading it.

OP
OP
M

memosram22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yea it wasn't so I guess it was free its not on the sticker I went back and looked trough it but I never even knew that tam trucks came with air suspension that's why I never checked I even told my salesman I wanted to lift it and all he said nothing about it. It rides great deal smooth just the lifting part is where it gets hard

mangus2k13ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yea it wasn't so I guess it was free its not on the sticker I went back and looked trough it but I never even knew that tam trucks came with air suspension that's why I never checked I even told my salesman I wanted to lift it and all he said nothing about it. It rides great deal smooth just the lifting part is where it gets hard

It is stilled suppose to be listed under standard equipment if it was part of a package. Automobile Information Disclosure Act of 1958 protects you as a consumer and overrides California law. Hire a lawyer and sue. Dealership and manufacturer can be fined up to $1,000 and/or up to 1 year in prison for each violation.

armyonfire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I almost bought a ram with the air suspension, but was told you cannot lift it. They said the suspension has a 2-3 range. So like rambo said you wuold have gut the whole suspension.

Bully's Performance

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The only option you have right now is the BDS coil over kit. So essentially you'll be completely removing the air suspension from the truck and installing standard suspension.

Shawn226

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L EcoDiesel
PA body lifts makes a 5 inch body lift, someone on here supposedly bought it, don't know if they installed it or not, but that's really the highest you can go with an air suspension

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
PA body lifts makes a 5 inch body lift, someone on here supposedly bought it, don't know if they installed it or not, but that's really the highest you can go with an air suspension

That 5'' lift is actually a 3'' body lift with a 2'' leveling kit. 3'' body lift is the biggest they make.

OP
OP
M

memosram22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ceber124 was who bought it, here's the link for the kit.

It is all body lift blocks. No leveling kit. PM him to double check

Performance Accessories Body Lift Kits

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea 3 inch bl is actually the biggest for us with air suspension we can't do the premium option as it utilizes leveling kit witch doesn't fit I spoke to andrew from bully's performance great service and very helpful I'm actually gonna run the 4 inch zone lift with fox coilovers

OP
OP
M

memosram22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The only option you have right now is the BDS coil over kit. So essentially you'll be completely removing the air suspension from the truck and installing standard suspension.
I have another question will 1.5 zone body lift fit as well or only the 3 inch body lift from PA

Boulevardvette

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just do a body lift and roll with it, the air suspension is a nice thing to have especially for free.

OP
OP
M

memosram22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
picture.php

This is how it currently sits know very low and sad

rpr

Reaction score