need new shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlsalani

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
need new shocks - are Fox worth the price

Got a 2011 Outdoorsman that is way over due for shocks.... looking to level it out at the same time... probably been answered before but Fox or Bilstein...

Fox 2.0 coil over

Bilstein 5100 leveling

from what I can tell the Fox is the entire front assembly, spring and all. Bilstein is the strut and I would need to transfer over spring.. not really an issue have all the right tools for the job

is the Fox setup a better ride?... or are they the same.

Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Icejob8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I know from looking this forum over a bit, a lot of guys really seem to like the Bilsteins.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I view one option is similar to buying a new shock and using a coil spacer to gain lift
The other option is an entirely new set up. New coil springs, new shocks, new assembly.

Icejob8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Look into Rancho QuickLift Struts...easy to install, levels truck out and is adjustable for ride stiffness. I have them on my '10 Ram 1500 Sport CC 4x4 and love them

DesertWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It all depends if you really offroad a lot. The Fox would be nice. But Im sticking with 5100s. Im not pre running pr anything.