Need pics of 4.5" Maxtrac spindles/lift !!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Hey guys, wondering if any of you out there have installed just our spindles on your 2002-2013 Ram 1500 2wd? I am looking for pics of trucks that are just running either our 4.5" spindles up front only or with rear lift as well. Sorry guys but no body lifts, or additional spacer lifts up front just need a pic of a truck with the 4.5" kit. If anybody has this please post pics if you don't mind! It is the one thing we don't actually have a picture of to put up on our gallery. We have plenty of the 7" kit pics and I know tons of members and customers that are running that kit but still have not seen someone with just our 4.5" kit only. Thank you in advance to whoever posts pics!! :High 5:

Daum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie crew cab
Engine
I'll try and get some pics up for you tomorrow, my 2013 is at signature performance in Costa mesa having the 4.5 spindles installed and the 3in rear coils . Picking it up in the morning.

Hey guys, wondering if any of you out there have installed just our spindles on your 2002-2013 Ram 1500 2wd? I am looking for pics of trucks that are just running either our 4.5" spindles up front only or with rear lift as well. Sorry guys but no body lifts, or additional spacer lifts up front just need a pic of a truck with the 4.5" kit. If anybody has this please post pics if you don't mind! It is the one thing we don't actually have a picture of to put up on our gallery. We have plenty of the 7" kit pics and I know tons of members and customers that are running that kit but still have not seen someone with just our 4.5" kit only. Thank you in advance to whoever posts pics!! :High 5:

OP
OP
Maxtrac Suspension

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
I'll try and get some pics up for you tomorrow, my 2013 is at signature performance in Costa mesa having the 4.5 spindles installed and the 3in rear coils . Picking it up in the morning.

awesome! exactly what I am looking for. Thanks!

Daum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Laramie crew cab
Engine
Sorry for the delay, here is a few pics, 4.5 spindles in the front and 3' coil springs in the rear. Stock laramie 20's and Toyo Open Country AT2 tires in a 35x12.5x20. Kit fits with no rubbing and I didn't need spacers or adapters.

Attachments

• IMAG0490.jpg
    IMAG0490.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 7,742
  • Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 959
  • IMAG0485-1.jpg
    IMAG0485-1.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 6,420
  • IMAG0491.jpg
    IMAG0491.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 850
  • IMAG0492.jpg
    IMAG0492.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 1,211
OP
OP
Maxtrac Suspension

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Sorry for the delay, here is a few pics, 4.5 spindles in the front and 3' coil springs in the rear. Stock laramie 20's and Toyo Open Country AT2 tires in a 35x12.5x20. Kit fits with no rubbing and I didn't need spacers or adapters.

Thanks Daum your truck looks great we appreciate you putting pics up. It's also good to know that factory 20's (or factory wheels in general) have enough clearance for a 35-12.50 as that seems to be a question we often get. Do you know about how much clearance you have between the spindle and the tire as it sits now? Thanks again for your input!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks Daum your truck looks great we appreciate you putting pics up. It's also good to know that factory 20's (or factory wheels in general) have enough clearance for a 35-12.50 as that seems to be a question we often get. Do you know about how much clearance you have between the spindle and the tire as it sits now? Thanks again for your input!

do you have to lift the rear if you just do the spindles would the rack be high in the front

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd
Engine
Hemi 5.7

do you have to lift the rear if you just do the spindles would the rack be high in the front

OP
OP
Maxtrac Suspension

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8

Yes it will be front end tall if you only install the 4.5" spindles by themselves. Depending on how much rake your truck has from the factory your truck will sit anywhere from 1.5" tall up front to 3" tall up front. Just depends on how your truck is sitting stock. I have seen a couple trucks with just spindles and personally I like the way it looks but I'm from Southern California and the "Prerunner" or "cali lean" look is popular around here. With that said, it really all boils down to personal preference. I believe someone on one of my posts has a pic of their truck with just spindles only and it looks awesome! If you need help with anything feel free to ask away or you can PM, email or call as well. Thanks! -- Sean

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Looks great! How much do those spindles increase the track width?

OP
OP
Maxtrac Suspension

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Looks great! How much do those spindles increase the track width?

Thank you sir. They will increase your front track width 1" per side. The nice thing is we designed these spindles with the neck "tucked in" as much as possible so that more of a mid offset rim could be used on them (specs call for a 17" wheel or larger with a 5.5" backspacing or less). In fact there is a gentleman who was kind enough to post pictures of his truck with Maxtrac 4.5" spindles, our 3" rear kit and his factory 20" wheels on 35-12.50-20 tires. I am not sure what the backspacing is on his factory wheels but we were quite surprised to see that they fit without hitting anything, especially with a 35" x 12.50" tire!

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 2wd
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes it will be front end tall if you only install the 4.5" spindles by themselves. Depending on how much rake your truck has from the factory your truck will sit anywhere from 1.5" tall up front to 3" tall up front. Just depends on how your truck is sitting stock. I have seen a couple trucks with just spindles and personally I like the way it looks but I'm from Southern California and the "Prerunner" or "cali lean" look is popular around here. With that said, it really all boils down to personal preference. I believe someone on one of my posts has a pic of their truck with just spindles only and it looks awesome! If you need help with anything feel free to ask away or you can PM, email or call as well. Thanks! -- Sean
so i can do just the spindles and a 2 in spacer in the back and i should sit level now does the spindles (how to put it) cause the tires to stick out further then stock

Ram-Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As he said in the previous post they do increase track width by about 2in total. So that would mean each wheel will sit about 1 inch further out.

OP
OP
Maxtrac Suspension

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Only the front of your truck would only increase in track width 1" per side because you are changing out your spindles. The front of your truck has an IFS (Independent Front Suspension) while the rear of your vehicle is a solid axle with coil springs so by installing our 1.5" rear coil spacers (or any size lift in the rear for that matter) it will not change your track width. As far as spacing out your rear wheels, you can go ahead and run some wheel adapters to kick out your rear wheels but I believe the wheel studs on the Ram trucks are 2" and the adapters would have to be at least that thick to clear the studs. Which in turn would possibly have the rear wheels kicked out further. Maybe someone who has run this can chime in about running wheel adapters to match the front??

OP
OP
Maxtrac Suspension

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
have you had any complaints about ball joints with the spindle and cant find anywhere that shows a price

not a problem I don't mind answering questions... As far as your ball joints go, the spindles keep your suspension geometry like stock so there should not be any extra strain on them. Larger wheels and tires are what will put more wear and tear on those components, but that is what comes with the territory when lifting any vehicle. Basically (without getting too technical) what a lift spindle does is lower down your unit bearings however many inches. This case being 4.5". That is why lift spindles will only work on 2wd vehicles. It's also why they are a popular choice for people to lift their trucks as it retains stock geometry, stock ride, and allows for maximum ground clearance because subframe crossmembers are not required. As far as pricing goes if you check out our website there is a big dealer locator tab on the home page. Click on the dealer locator and enter your zip code. If there are no local shops we also have a listing of online retailers that carry our products. You can also search on eBay and Amazon for our products as well. Please contact me if you are unable to get pricing or need part numbers. Thank you I hope I was able to answer your questions.