Need pictures

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to see if anyone has this setup up and if you can send pics. Bilsteins set at 2.8. 1 inch rear coil spacer. And a 1.5 inch body lift. Thanks

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'll have some pics for you this weekend. I already have the 1.5" body lift installed and I've got my bilsteins assembled (set at 2.8) and ready to go in. I'm hoping to get it knocked out either Friday night or Sat. morning. I'll start a new thread with before and after pics/measurements of my swap after I'm done, should be interesting to see how much difference there is in lift between the Ranchos and the Bils. Stay tuned...

OP
OP
S

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Awesome can't wait to get feedback!

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How was the 1.5" BL install? I was debating the 3" PA kit but damn think is almost $400 . Not sure that hassle and 1.5" is worth it. I like the $140 price of the 1.5". What's sad is I did 2.8" Bils and 1.5" BL on my 2011 lol. I just can't for the life of me remember how the bumper bracket install went hahaha. I know the body spacers were simple.

Edit- just read about all the fab work involved in running a 3" BL with my Amp Powersteps. 1.5" BL it is!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the top pictures the "before"?

OP
OP
S

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you don't mind me asking how much did it run you to do the body lift? Or did you do it yourself.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How was the 1.5" BL install? I was debating the 3" PA kit but damn think is almost $400 . Not sure that hassle and 1.5" is worth it. I like the $140 price of the 1.5". What's sad is I did 2.8" Bils and 1.5" BL on my 2011 lol. I just can't for the life of me remember how the bumper bracket install went hahaha. I know the body spacers were simple.

Edit- just read about all the fab work involved in running a 3" BL with my Amp Powersteps. 1.5" BL it is!!

Install was time consuming, but easy. Like you said the spacers were a piece of cake. The rear bumper wasn't too bad, however the front bumper was a little tricky. Just make sure you have a good drill bit to drill the new upper mount holes in the frame and you only get one shot so make sure you get them right the first time. The bumpers were the only part I wished I would've had a friend over to help me with. I ended up using a rolling jack and a 4x4 and hold the front bumper up while I lined it up. It actually wasn't that bad once I figured it out. I had to take it back off to make an adjustment and was able to get it back up and bolted down in less than 10 minutes. If you have a 2 piece bumper, don't follow their instructions for removal. They made me jump through a few unecessary hoops (i.e. removing the grille).

RAMthevbied

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Install was time consuming, but easy. Like you said the spacers were a piece of cake. The rear bumper wasn't too bad, however the front bumper was a little tricky. Just make sure you have a good drill bit to drill the new upper mount holes in the frame and you only get one shot so make sure you get them right the first time. The bumpers were the only part I wished I would've had a friend over to help me with. I ended up using a rolling jack and a 4x4 and hold the front bumper up while I lined it up. It actually wasn't that bad once I figured it out. I had to take it back off to make an adjustment and was able to get it back up and bolted down in less than 10 minutes. If you have a 2 piece bumper, don't follow their instructions for removal. They made me jump through a few unecessary hoops (i.e. removing the grille).

J Rod, was your kit from zone? And did you have to PB blast the body mount bolts to loosen them up or was it an air tool job? I'll be installing mine shortly and just wanted to know what i was in for? Thanks. OP sorry for jacking your thread.

J Rod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
J Rod, was your kit from zone? And did you have to PB blast the body mount bolts to loosen them up or was it an air tool job? I'll be installing mine shortly and just wanted to know what i was in for? Thanks. OP sorry for jacking your thread.

Yes Zone, I did not use air tools but I did hit all of the bolts with PB blaster the night before. They all came out fairly easy. Oh and if you do it without air tools, don't plan on doing any heavy lifting for the next day or two. :roflsquared:

OP
OP
S

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm glad to hear other people have done /in the process of the setup up going for. Guys have awesome info!

RAMthevbied

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes Zone, I did not use air tools but I did hit all of the bolts with PB blaster the night before. They all came out fairly easy. Oh and if you do it without air tools, don't plan on doing any heavy lifting for the next day or two. :roflsquared:

Thanks for the heads up. I think i will opt for the air tool route and borrow my neighbors!

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Hey I don't want to tell you what to do, but I'd steer clear of the body lift personally. You can fit the 35s just fine without it. My buddy had this similar setup on his 3rd gen (3" instead of 1.5"). Even though the truck looked sick, it road like crap. Hopping a curb or going over bumps it just jostled the whole truck.

OP
OP
S

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I appreciate the opinion. I head the 3 inch body will make your teeth chatter. Haven't heard anything other then the ride being a bit stiffer with the 1.5 BL.

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IMO the 1.5" body lift is perfect. I've had it done on 2 different Ram's (both w/5100s) and the ride quality was not affected. The only down side was that if you want tow hooks the factory ones will no longer work.

OP
OP
S

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ehhh. I have the sport model no tow hooks to begin with! Lol

Express SN95

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Then if you don't have them, or want them (except in the custom variety), then you'll be fine. The rear exhaust tips will be able to angled up to close the gap between bumper and exhaust tips.

OP
OP
S

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The exhaust will be angles up with a 1.5 BL?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956