need quick answer! billsteins.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

arrhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Hey everyone my truck is in the shop right now and they just called saying they cant install the front billsteins. They said it didnt come with a spring seat. Doesnt the seat come off the old shock and gets placed on the billstein? I have a 2013 sport hemi.

Firebuff66

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Hey everyone my truck is in the shop right now and they just called saying they cant install the front billsteins. They said it didnt come with a spring seat. Doesnt the seat come off the old shock and gets placed on the billstein? I have a 2013 sport hemi.

I gave the 4 shocks to the shop and they gave me the truck back 3 hours later. They did have to take something off the old shocks but I didn't ask, and good shop should be able to figure this out

shocking14u

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 Ram 2500
Engine
Diesel
Yes you have to use the lower spring seat, coil spring, and upper mounting hardware off of the stock shocks.

OP
OP
A

arrhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
These guys are idiots. They told me over the phone that the spring seat was welded on the old shocks. So i went it before the put then back on and oointed out to them that they arent welded on. Then he was like "well we dont seperate those here." Just ruined my weekend....

h2oman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bummer. Sorry dude.

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
LOL firestone said the same thing to me when I took the truck in for bilstein install.

"the spring seat is part of the shock"

I was like ok put it back together, took it to the dealer and my advisor told me I'm under warranty and I can go OEM for free. Did just that..returned the bilsteins. Don't care for levelling.

NYCruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
LOL firestone said the same thing to me when I took the truck in for bilstein install.

"the spring seat is part of the shock"

I was like ok put it back together, took it to the dealer and my advisor told me I'm under warranty and I can go OEM for free. Did just that..returned the bilsteins. Don't care for levelling.

Standard factory warrantee, or you bought an extended?