Need some guidance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So today was my first decent outing/drive of any length since installing the leveling kit/UCAs and my new wheels/tires. As my dad would've said, the truck rides like a log wagon. So much so that my wife is complaining from the back seat that it's shaking my 4.5 month old in his car seat. I cheapo'd out and went with a 2.5" spacer in front with mevotech UCAs. Would the spacer cause the ride to be that harsh? I also feel like I've got some vibration but didn't know if I was just not used to the mud tires or maybe they need to be rebalanced? What are you guys thoughts on this and how I could smooth out the ride some?

Side note: I ordered the tires and wheels already mounted and balanced from customwheeloffset.com. Had no issues with the order and it all went smoothly, but idk if I should get them rebalanced locally or what but I've got to figure out this ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jeffnc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram
Engine
Yup. The spacers suck. As soon as I can, I'm going with the actual coil replacement

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Trapinator

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Couldn't hurt to check tire balance as well

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Immortaldaul

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 magnum
I have an 02 leveled it and Yeah it seems to ride rough the hassle or removing the kit though isn't worth the cost of the fix imho. However I gotta fix my rack n pinion so I've attributed less than stellar driving to that I'm probably wrong though

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You have the federal couragia's right?

Dude, I'm gonna go with it not being your spacers but more your tires. Many users have expressed the same issues such as you are with rough ride. These specific tires have been known to have balancing issues and have have been known to wear bad.

Get them rebalanced see if it helps.

OP
OP
Mudder

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have Kanati Mud Hogs. I've had them in a different size once before on my old Jeep and don't remember them riding this rough. I've ordered Bilsteins for all around and will replace the front spacers with them. That and rebalancing the tires is all I know to do unless it's just the tires themselves.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have Kanati Mud Hogs. I've had them in a different size once before on my old Jeep and don't remember them riding this rough. I've ordered Bilsteins for all around and will replace the front spacers with them. That and rebalancing the tires is all I know to do unless it's just the tires themselves.

Doh....my bad buddy. :emotions122:

Mixed you up with another member.

Ya, I haven't really heard too many bad things about the hogs.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's prolly the balancing on the tires- Check the pressure as well. my budy has a 08 1500- he went spacers for a year then tossed them and went with an adjustable rancho coil over

OP
OP
Mudder

Mudder

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It's prolly the balancing on the tires- Check the pressure as well. my budy has a 08 1500- he went spacers for a year then tossed them and went with an adjustable rancho coil over

The pressure was the first thing I checked to see if they were blown up to 45psi or something. I've got them all at 35psi.