Need some help meeting Height requirments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I'm shipping my truck to Hawaii soon for an Army PCS. Truck has 6" Proconp with coilover cranked about 2" (basically same as someone running Bilsteins with a spacer lift) and a 3" Zone Body lift on 37s. If I measured to the roof correctly I'm about 8"over 7 feet tall. If I'm over 7ft I bust the height restriction.

I'm trying to come up with ways to temporarily lower the truck without getting too crazy. My thoughts were stock struts and 4" spacer from a 4" kit. Then lowering tire pressure to see where that gets me. 37s are brand new but I'd buy some 33" couragias if that got me down more. But if I do the math right that only brings me down another 2". Just wondering if anyone has sweet idea I haven't thought of besides pulling the whole lift off.

Trexterra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would just pull the lift and put stock suspension and stock tires back on for shipping it. Provided you have the weight allowance to ship the kit with your household goods.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Get some small cheap tires and cheap wheels, just like the monster jam trucks do to fit in the tractor trailers. They are probably going to ship it in a shipping container, thats why they have the height restriction.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Like they said cheap wheels and smallest tires lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

808ram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L

Oahu.... there's not much room there for a lifted any thing. So many people on a small island. Born there, lived there till I was 10, moved to the Big Island due to parent drama. Lol. It's a good place to visit, not live though. There is a 4x4 scene though everyone is pro Toyota, diesel. And yes Honolulu does have the stupidest vehicle laws. Lmk how things turn out for you guys down there.

OP
OP
J

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oahu.... there's not much room there for a lifted any thing. So many people on a small island. Born there, lived there till I was 10, moved to the Big Island due to parent drama. Lol. It's a good place to visit, not live though. There is a 4x4 scene though everyone is pro Toyota, diesel. And yes Honolulu does have the stupidest vehicle laws. Lmk how things turn out for you guys down there.

Great...looking forward to hating life lol

Punishher7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Great...looking forward to hating life lol

My 14 sport and I just left there in Dec. While I wouldn't have wanted a DD on 37s over there, if you stay out of downtown Honolulu you'll be fine. The biggest pain in the ass for lifted trucks over there is the recon inspection you'll need to get. One of the main reasons I left my suspension stock while there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raminwil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram LongHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Take off the rims and tires on put the truck on rolling jacks (motor cycle jack... may need 4 for the weight)

OP
OP
J

Jameson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only need to come down 4". I'm at 88" at the top of the fiin. Definitely doable. I must have been drunk when I measured 92" lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye