Need some quick help on lift install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
So i started taking everything off today to install my lift.

I cant get the knuckle to pop off!

It is stuck on the lower control arm ball joint. I popper the top off but the bottom will not move no matter how much i beat that knuckle with a hammer.

has anyone run into the problem? I sprayed it down with wd40 but that didnt help

homebrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I'd say reinstall the upper at least hand tight then proceed to hit the lower with a bfh. If I remember correctly I also put a jack under the control arm to take some of the pressure off the ball joint.It took me a while but that's how I got mine loose.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
hmm alright, ill do that + a heat gun and wd40

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Any luck moving forward with this so far ?

negative, i had to put it on hold until tomorrow, got too cold and dark over here

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm sorry to hear that, and wish you well come tomorrow. :)

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
so i got all of that apart with a air chisel and a vice grip.

But i got almost no where today. Im stuck on the stupid ******* differential bolt. Top front bolt, there is no way to really get to it? Its stuck in place, i tried a cheater bar, right angle air gun, wrenches, i dont know what else to do, it wont budge and i cant get enough movement to do much.

20151206_161810.jpg

Thats from the front of the truck between the front crossbar and the engine. Right next to it is the oil pan

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You're not attempting to do this by yourself are you? As in no help?

Jake2544

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
so i got all of that apart with a air chisel and a vice grip.

But i got almost no where today. Im stuck on the stupid ******* differential bolt. Top front bolt, there is no way to really get to it? Its stuck in place, i tried a cheater bar, right angle air gun, wrenches, i dont know what else to do, it wont budge and i cant get enough movement to do much.

20151206_161810.jpg

Thats from the front of the truck between the front crossbar and the engine. Right next to it is the oil pan

If I'm not mistaken, I used a long extension with a swivel on the end of the socket and used a pipe on the end of my breaker bar. Couldn't fit my impact gun in there. If that doesn't work try heating up the bracket with a torch first. I think that bolt and the upper rear shock bolts were the toughest to get at.

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If I'm not mistaken, I used a long extension with a swivel on the end of the socket and used a pipe on the end of my breaker bar. Couldn't fit my impact gun in there. If that doesn't work try heating up the bracket with a torch first. I think that bolt and the upper rear shock bolts were the toughest to get at.

ill try doing that, i was using a ratchet and a big pipe, maybe i need to get even more leverage

OP
OP
kg93

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Spray that ******* with PB Blaster too, works better than WD40.

i loaded it up with pb to sit over night, ill throw some more on tomorrow too