New Guy - New Truck - New Level w/ Wheels and Tires!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Is that level spacers or bilsteis too, this is the first in hearing this...also those are 0 offset wheels? I thought stock wheels were 0 offset? So how come you have a wider stance then stock?

Not 100% sure on your wheels, but a lot of the chrome clad wheels are a +19 offset.

Cloviz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not 100% sure on your wheels, but a lot of the chrome clad wheels are a +19 offset.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle...so 0 offset ballistic jesters will give me the same stance as this gentleman here? And back to the leveling issue with these 2013-14 is it the spacers or bilsteins that cause the UCA to bust?

EDIT: if this is happening to stock height trucks then shouldn't that constitute as grounds for a recall?

Last edited:

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Well I'll be a monkey's uncle...so 0 offset ballistic jesters will give me the same stance as this gentleman here? And back to the leveling issue with these 2013-14 is it the spacers or bilsteins that cause the UCA to bust?

EDIT: if this is happening to stock height trucks then shouldn't that constitute as grounds for a recall?

From everything I've seen, they can pop with any method of leveling. I don't know how many cases are popping up with stock height trucks popping the joints though. When I first started seeing this I though to myself it would happen to any truck with this issue that goes off-road enough for the suspension to travel the same distances as a level.

Caldwell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
09-12's can handle a level on OEM components, however your components will wear faster. The 13/14's have almost no tolerance for anything out of factory spec.

Not to make this another UCA / Ball Joint thread, just wanted to advise the OP to look into something soon as possible to prevent failure.

Cloviz,

0 offset will push your rims / tire just slightly outside of the fender line. I have 20x9 -13mm offset, and my tires are about 1-1.5'' outside of the fender.

OP
OP
ItsMeKO3

ItsMeKO3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is that level spacers or bilsteis too, this is the first in hearing this...also those are 0 offset wheels? I thought stock wheels were 0 offset? So how come you have a wider stance then stock?

My level is a 2" Hell Bent Steel spacer. As mentioned, the stock chrome clads are +19 offset, so a 0 will move the wheel out, and it also has the least chance of rubbing.

OP
OP
ItsMeKO3

ItsMeKO3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good. Those are the same size tires I got except I have 18 inch wheels. I haven't leveled the truck yet so I assume that those tires will rub.

I can't say for sure but I would bet it would be very close.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice. Truck looks killer!

jpp011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Can I ask what height of your truck is after the leveling kit and bigger tires? I'm trying to figure out what to do for a leveling kit, but need to be cautious of the height because of the garages I have to park in. Thanks.

OP
OP
ItsMeKO3

ItsMeKO3

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Can I ask what height of your truck is after the leveling kit and bigger tires? I'm trying to figure out what to do for a leveling kit, but need to be cautious of the height because of the garages I have to park in. Thanks.

I can measure it for you tomorrow. I never checked the overall height. I don't have to worry about to many parking garages up here where I live lol.