New lift kit for 4x2 sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just out of curiosity, why did you put an 8 in lift on a 2x4? Y not buy an actual 4x4? Not digging on you just curious.
Nice looking rig btw

Why does it matter if it's a 2 or 4wd.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I got it used and payed 8k less with just 11k miles on it....

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I got it used and payed 8k less with just 11k miles on it....

There's no need to justify your purchase. If that's what you wanted and got that, that subject isn't even an option. People can spend pages arguing about the pro & con behind why you did what you did. Fact is, U did it and that's that . :)

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I wasn't even talking to the op, my comment was to the ****** up there that edited his post. Well the mud puddle comment was towards him, but I'm not taking it back. I hate lifted 2wd trucks. It looks damn near what my 1500 did though if it had some 37s.

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
That is a nice kit, really nice kit from what I saw on their website. Definitely a completely different setup from ours. I used to have a Full Throttle 12" kit on my 02 GM 1500 2wd and it had great steering geometry. Your truck looks really good!

OP
OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I live in California. We don't have mud puddles here. We have miles and miles of desert. 2wd is perfect for here. Sorry you don't like them...

OP
OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
That is a nice kit, really nice kit from what I saw on their website. Definitely a completely different setup from ours. I used to have a Full Throttle 12" kit on my 02 GM 1500 2wd and it had great steering geometry. Your truck looks really good!
Thanks Maxtrac it's fairly new I think. When I purchased it 3 weeks ago it wasn't on their website yet. I guess you guys have some competition now:)

Maxtrac Suspension

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L V8
Thanks Maxtrac it's fairly new I think. When I purchased it 3 weeks ago it wasn't on their website yet. I guess you guys have some competition now:)

Oh nice. Haha well, yes and no. That kit is an 8" kit and uses subframes which is a completely different design from ours and almost double the price of our kit. It's a very nice kit and I'm sure it's worth every penny but it's kind of apples to oranges design and price wise. Does that kit accept stock wheels with 35's or 37's do you know?

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I want to see the angles and how the kit actually looks before getting too excited. When I looked at the photo they up earlier, it was hard to tell what was going on.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I live in California. We don't have mud puddles here. We have miles and miles of desert. 2wd is perfect for here. Sorry you don't like them...

So that's your reasoning for not having a 4wd, and it's also your reasoning for putting an 8" lift and mud terrains on?

OP
OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
It will accept 35's. I'm not sure about 37's. But yes, you are right, we are talking about 2 completely different lifts

OP
OP
D

Dex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I want to see the angles and how the kit actually looks before getting too excited. When I looked at the photo they up earlier, it was hard to tell what was going on.
I'll put more photos up for you in a couple of hours at the end of my shift

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
why are you so mad about lifted 2wds in every thread? Let it go man.

9 out of 10 people drive their truck on road every day. If they want it to look good, whats the difference? You cant wheel a fullsize truck with a big lift anyways. You need a low center of gravity, something a fullsize truck cant provide, especially when towering in the air.

Are you mad because they look the same and paid less?

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Concept man. Can't wheel a full size truck may be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks for clearing up why some people buy trucks though. For the looks man, for the looks. No wonder shows like jersey Shore and **** do so well. I'm out. Nice looking truck op, for a 2wd.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
off topic... but gasser... i was waiting for you to chime in on the gearing thread where I called those two **** addicts for saying 3.21s were good with 35s.. but you never chimed in, somewhat disappointed in you