New shoes make me wanna dance!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I got my truck back today with all of my new mods. I already caught some people taking pics in the parking lot of the local mall. I'm very happy with the results.

Before and after pics:

Mods list:

Mods include:

4" Mopar/Superlift kit w/ Bilstein struts/shocks
35x12.50x20 Mickey Thompson Baja atz p3
Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
20x10 XD 825 wheels gloss black milled with -24mm offset
Front end alignment; spline drive lug nuts
Bushwacker pocket style fender flares painted to match max steel color
Westin Pro Traxx 4" oval in black
Tint front two windows to match factory back
Rhinoline the bed

Attachments

• Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 145
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 237

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Very nice

That is sharp !

Last edited:

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good. Really stands out now.

Sent from the Rocket in my Pocket

OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
R.L.K,

I edited my post to add the mods list. I'll have to confirm with the tech, but I believe I was told they are set to their lowest setting or (stock height). I'm not the mechanically inclined type at the moment, but am working on it. I got all of my ideas for this truck from this forum actually, so a big thanks to everyone who has contributed!

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
R.L.K,

I edited my post to add the mods list. I'll have to confirm with the tech, but I believe I was told they are set to their lowest setting or (stock height). I'm not the mechanically inclined type at the moment, but am working on it. I got all of my ideas for this truck from this forum actually, so a big thanks to everyone who has contributed!
LOL ! I edited mine also !
If you ever rub @ full lock in a bump , just have your mechanic set the bilsteins to the 3rd ring( +1.4" ) or 4th ring ( +2.1"), this will not only help with leveling your truck , but will prevent any rubbing in the future with those nice ass 10 " wide -24 mm wheels .

Hope this helps .
Looks AWESOME!

OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks! I'll be sure to do that. This is a stupid question, but what does everyone mean when they say "full lock?"

Also, will it effect the ride quality in any way if I was to have them set it on the 3rd ring?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks! I'll be sure to do that. This is a stupid question, but what does everyone mean when they say "full lock?"

Also, will it effect the ride quality in any way if I was to have them set it on the 3rd ring?

Full lock = turning fully right or left .

I have my bilsteins@ +2.8" max setting , Imo better than stock .
Some say a stiffer ride , I say it recovers faster & I like it !

Ony stupid Q is on not asked !

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What does everyone suggest for my next mod? I was going to go with a new aftermarket bumper setup that has the tow hooks, LED bar, and winch mount. Or, I may go the performance route instead and go CAI, exhaust, and tuner to help move those 35's along a little easier.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Tuner would be the most bang for your buck !
You can add tow hooks to your bumper , while your honing your mechanical skills !
I put them on mine !

I believe there's tow hooks for sale in the classifieds here .

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=79235

FS: 4th Gen tow hooks

Here's my tow hook install , some good discussion here . My way is not the only way , but my way I have plenty of clearance from the bumper and plenty of room to use a strap.

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=73872

Install of oem tow hooks

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
R.L.K.

Thank you very much for all of that info! I think this is a great idea for a weekend project! I come from a construction background, so I am capable with tools, I just never learned my way around a truck/car like I wish I would have.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Looks really good!

As far as next mods... Im not a huge fan of light upgrades... But as far as appearance, I think some black housing headlights and tails would look sharp on your truck.. Save up some on the side for amp research steps.

I want some nice off road bumpers too, but I'm waiting for someone to hit me first.. Until then I have a tow hook that goes in the receiver hitch, and oem hooks added up front.

Your truck looks just fine as it is though.

IMO

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For now man. I'd add the factory tow hooks up front. And add some performance parts to help get your power back. From adding those massive wheels and tires.

OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For now man. I'd add the factory tow hooks up front. And add some performance parts to help get your power back. From adding those massive wheels and tires.

I agree. Is the Diablo tuner with the hemifever tune something I can do on my own, or would you guys suggest taking it in to a local tuner shop?

Statcher1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I agree. Is the Diablo tuner with the hemifever tune something I can do on my own, or would you guys suggest taking it in to a local tuner shop?

You can do it on your own. Hemifever will basically walk you through it step by step. And if you get stuck. There's enough guys on here that's done it to help you out. You will be fine with it on your own.

OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can do it on your own. Hemifever will basically walk you through it step by step. And if you get stuck. There's enough guys on here that's done it to help you out. You will be fine with it on your own.

Good deal. This is a great community. I'm glad I found it.

Guts. Glory. Ram.