New shoes make me wanna dance!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm interested in hearing the out-the-door price, if you don't mind.

IMO

I think I have added to some confusion on this thread. Mainly because of my own confusion. As mentioned earlier, I'm new to a lot of this. The lift kit I have is a Superlift. I thought Mopar was the manufacturer of it or vice versa. I was told that as long as I go with the 4" version, my warranty wouldn't be void. I got the lift kit installed by the shop that does a majority of the lifts for their trucks at the dealership in IN. My long time friend is a manager at the dealership, so I was able to get dealer price for everything. The kit installed was $2400. I thought it was a fair price myself.

Let me know if you have anymore questions

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
your new goal in life should be to not care so much how other people spend their money.

That's a selfish way to think. Im not one of those people that get something for $100 and then sit back and watch others pay $250 for the same thing, and laugh at them. I like to help others and give advise, as I like to receive it.

Anyways.. To the OP, that was a very fair price if your lift included the bilstiens. [emoji106]

IMO

OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's a selfish way to think. Im not one of those people that get something for $100 and then sit back and watch others pay $250 for the same thing, and laugh at them. I like to help others and give advise, as I like to receive it.

Anyways.. To the OP, that was a very fair price if your lift included the bilstiens. [emoji106]

IMO

Good to hear! Thanks.

I wish Bushwacker had my damn color available online. That cost me a pretty penny to have them painted to match. I think it was about $1050 to have them order the matte black ones, then have them painted and installed. Seemed a bit steep to me, but I personally like the stance it gives the truck.

You know what they say; buy once, cry once!

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Good to hear! Thanks.

I wish Bushwacker had my damn color available online. That cost me a pretty penny to have them painted to match. I think it was about $1050 to have them order the matte black ones, then have them painted and installed. Seemed a bit steep to me, but I personally like the stance it gives the truck.

You know what they say; buy once, cry once!

I went with the $200 ebay ones.. They also have 3M tape around the edge instead of rubber, so it will be sealed and not have to worry about paint rubbing off (common problem with bushwackers). I will also apply the clear 3M under it just in case. I was quoted $350 to paint them at a shop. But as good as my mirrors turned out with duplicolor rattle can, I'm painting my own flares. It's all about the clear coat, if you have any experience painting.

I think I have a total invested price of about $380 with paint, supplies, and 3M.

IMO

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with the $200 ebay ones.. They also have 3M tape around the edge instead of rubber, so it will be sealed and not have to worry about paint rubbing off (common problem with bushwackers). I will also apply the clear 3M under it just in case. I was quoted $350 to paint them at a shop. But as good as my mirrors turned out with duplicolor rattle can, I'm painting my own flares. It's all about the clear coat, if you have any experience painting.

I think I have a total invested price of about $380 with paint, supplies, and 3M.

IMO

Only painting experience I have was done with a roller. Lmao

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Only painting experience I have was done with a roller. Lmao

I'm sure there are tutorials on youtube. Proper steps for prepping, painting, etc... They're small enough that you don't need to be an expert or need a wide pattern spray gun to make it look professionally done.

Worse case scenario, aircraft paint stripper.

IMO

Last edited:

MegaManRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
Great job. Your truck looks awesome!

I have the same Metallic Steel paint and love it. Couple questions:

1. Where did you order the painted fender flares and what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
2. What type of clearance do you have now? I need to keep under 7'.

OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great job. Your truck looks awesome!

I have same the same Metallic Steel paint and love it. Couple questions:

1. Where did you order the painted fender flares and what did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
2. What type of clearance do you have now? I need to keep under 7'.

1. I had the shop that did all of my mods order the matte black fender flares. They sent them to the dealership to be painted to match.

Sorry, I just noticed your second question. I believe it was around $1050 to have them ordered, painted, and installed.

2. I checked today and I am at approximately 80"-81" so I don't see you having a problem at 7 ft.

Thank you for the compliment btw!

MegaManRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
Appreciate the info! I can't wait to put similar shoes/slight lift on mine.

How's the ride? Is it harsh, or do you find it still relaxing to steer and drive? I'm also worried about the noise with the off-road tires. I hate road noise. Lol.

OP
OP
T

Tatersf1126

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Appreciate the info! I can't wait to put similar shoes/slight lift on mine.

How's the ride? Is it harsh, or do you find it still relaxing to steer and drive? I'm also worried about the noise with the off-road tires. I hate road noise. Lol.

The ride is great. You can feel that you are on slightly more aggressive tires, but it's not a bad thing. Pretty much no road noise what so ever. These trucks have such quiet cabs anyways, it would take a pretty loud tire to be able to hear it on an obnoxious level.

To sum it all up I would say that I haven't stopped smiling since I picked it up yesterday. I find random excuses to have to drive somewhere. And, I can't stop looking out my front window.
:favorites13: