One corner higher

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
noticed yesterday that the passenger side rear looked higher. I have a RC 6" lift. It measured just over an inch higher than the driver's side rear. I'm pretty sure when I had the lift put on the back was even and the front was about an inch lower. The installer thinks a spring has slipped. I am guessing that the lower side is the slipped spring since I lost height. I had planned on putting Bils on the front at .7 to level it just a bit.

Anyone else ever experience this? Not sure how long it has been like this. The lift is about 6 weeks old. Do you agree that a slipped spring would probably lower a side rather than raise a side?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Most of these trucks have some lean to the drivers side because of the gas tanks. Not saying that is definitely your problem but a possibility.

Wiggleroom

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
an inch sounds like a big difference but maybe one side settled before the other?

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, just went out to the parking lot, here at work, and measured. Both rear fender heights are at 42.5". Hmmm.... I guess my driveway has a low spot that created one corner to expand? Sure isn't noticeable by looking at the ground, but the driveway is on a slope and I was backed in with the rear end on the upside.

Last edited:

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think it's pretty common for the right rear to measure the heighest. For the most part the front measures pretty close to equal side to side but the driver rear seems to be the lowest due to the fuel tank which makes the passenger right rear the high point. Now it could be exaggerated it something slipped or settled.

Where did you get the work done? I'm up in Atlanta but grew up in FWB, avatar pic was taken on the Eglin Reservation.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
If I remember right there was a thread on here about that and they said therear OEM sprin #s are different, The gas tank side is alittle stronger ! BUT after market springs have the same part # so does not compensate for the tilt ! Maybe that's it ?? FYI My truck leans a little as well ! Leans a little to the left :O Bad RAM Bad Bad RAM leaning to the left lol

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My front-pass side is a little lower...like 3/4 in.

Weird.

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Where did you get the work done? I'm up in Atlanta but grew up in FWB, avatar pic was taken on the Eglin Reservation.

I grew up in FWB, but live in Crestview now. Have logged many miles on the reservation. I had the work done by Restylers is Crestview. They have a location in FWB as well.

This difference was very noticeable yesterday in the driveway and the measurement was about 1.5" different. Today at work, they are pretty much dead even. I can't image why. All four are pretty close now

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
On my 17 the drivers side is about a 1/2" higher then the passenger side. It didn't matter if it was the stock springs with or without the 2" BDS spacers, BDS 3" springs or the Superlift springs. Like others have said it my have something to do with the fuel tank being on the drives side.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
morgansamuel