Planning out the upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The End Goal is to somewhat Level out my 2014 CC 1500 4wd, and run 35's on stock 20" rims. I've been reading a lot of posts, but i'd like to run this by you guys to get some firm answers so i feel better about proceeding.

What I'd like to do, is run Bilstein 5100's front and rear. I want to set the front at 2.8", and I want the rear to ride 1" over stock to maintain some of the rake and so that it doesn't look too funny when carrying a load in the bed.

First question, will that 1" rear lift be achieved by the Rear 5100's, or do i need to look at taller rear coils or coil spacers?

2nd question, if applicable, if i do need to do more than the shocks to get the rear lift, would you suggest new coils or the spacers. I don't really tow anything, but i do carry heavy loads in the bed from time to time.

3rd question, Since i'm altering the geometry of the rear by lifting it up an inch in the suspension, is it a best practice to also add an adjustable panhard bar?

Finally, Are there any other areas of concern that i should be looking into while building toward the end goal that i opened with (Wheel spacers, front control arms, etc.)?

Thanks all for your input!

Last edited:

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1./2. Rear Bilsteins will not give you any lift, need longer coils (recommended) or a spacer.

3. Correct, since you will be adding additional lift to the rear your panhard bar/ track bar will be too short and will pull your rear axle to one side as well as make your control arms too short, pulling your rear axle slightly forward as well.

Keep an eye on your cv angles and check for vibration when in 4WD. Also check your ball joints, as they have a tendency to pop out when leveled. I only had my level on for a few months, but I'm sure others will chime in
d197d1421b45096e3d32d04363fc6afd.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Juvenator93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh, also if you want to keep your stock 20s you need spacers to clear your knuckles with a 12.5 wide tire. Correct offset wheels is recommended, but spacers will do the job as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
So in regards to 3, my simple level no longer sounds simple if I need to account for all 5 linkage points in the rear... is there a decent alternative kit that would address all of these. Can these be addressed with relocation brackets?
It's a daily pavement driver, so reliability is key. Don't want to be busting ball joints or ruining tires because of alignment issues.

Last edited:

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
~1" of lift in the rear isnt a big deal to worry about relocation brackets and adjustable panhard bars. yes, its going to shift the axle a bit, but not enough to be an issue.

OP
OP
DailyRam

DailyRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Cool deal. May just leave the rear at stock ride height. If i run a 34 or 35" tire, i'll be getting some lift there. Don't want it to be too high, but a leveled out stance would be nice.
If i don't do spacers in the rear, i may just go with the 2.1" setting up front. I believe i'd read that 34's would work with that without spacers, but if spacers are needed i can do that too.