Point me in the right direction

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maddawg

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Black Edition Crew Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking to find a 4 inch lift kit. I mainly want to be able to put 35's on. I wasn't sure if a 2.5 Hellbent kit will allow me to pull it off or not. I have stock black 20's for wheels.

Wandell

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Yes, a leveling kit will allow you to fit 35x12.50's with the stock wheels. But, they will rub the control arms slightly at full steering lock because of the stock wheel's backspacing. Your choices are: live with it (most popular choice), install a small wheel spacer, or go with a slightly narrower 35 inch tire (like the 285/65-20 BFG AT KO).

Borntoride92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you decided to put a level on your truck I would go ahead and replace your upper control arms with a heavy duty ones. The ball joints with the stock upper control arms just don't last on the 13-14 with a leveling kit. the ball joints start to push through the upper control arm. I just found my starting to break yesterday. I have had the HBS 2.5 on my truck for 1 year (15,000 Miles). The link below is the one I am about to order.

Zone Offroad Heavy Duty Upper Control Arm (UCA) Kit D2301

Borntoride92

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also measure 38.5 inch's in the front and 39 inch's on the rear (from ground to bottom of fender)

I also plan to add 1.5 or 1.75 inch coil spacer to rear to give the truck some rake back.