Prerunner Suspension option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gorracing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Hey guys I’m brand new to this forum but frequent other forums like dodgetrucksxtreme, race-dezert, etc. I design suspension for 2009+ ram 1500’s gas and eco diesel and I wanted to show you guys some products and kits and also answer any questions you have. The company name is Gunnar Off Road Racing. The website is gorracing com and the instagram is @gorracing Basically I’m trying to get the name out there and raise product awareness.

Here’s our shop truck right before testing in Johnson Valley. This kit is fully adjustable and you can lift the truck up to 6” or lower it 3” The truck in the pic is at about 2.5 - 3” lift
20170205_105959_zpsv4h7bvip.jpg

This is our fully boxed upper arms with a uniball replacing the ball joint and a heat strengthened 17-4 stainless steel tapered pin replacing the garbage mild steel bolt. And it comes with a lower coilover mount also
UCApic_zpszwubqghq.jpg

Here’s our 2wd tower with shock and arm mounts. This part is only required on 2wd
2wdtower_zpsgd2lrgn4.jpg
UCA4_zpsiiwplqx5.jpg

Here’s a comparison picture of our very hefty rear links next to stock ram links. The heim joints not only make it much tougher but also provide adjustability to center the wheel in the wheel well when you lift/lower
linkcomparison_zpssexxapvt.jpg

And the rear track bar replacement
448111a0-0d0d-48c6-8c6b-367848ef6636_zps6zmolsic.jpg

Our bed cage has a removable center section that you can take out for more bed space and drop back in for a desert shakedown
Bedcage2_zpsxlvdeaqu.jpg

This one has a lot going on. You can see the king coilover which is mounted to the bed cage, king bypasses and king bump stops in our bumpstop mounts which slip over the frame. Behind the tire is an axle mount that has a lower coilover mount, lower bypass mount and a bump stop pad
IMG_20170110_174121_578_zps5qic5cao.jpg

Here’s our most popular product which is the high clearance rear bumper. It mounts into stock bolt holes and follows the same curve as the top of the tailgate
20161230_125947_zpsiixv2jzw.jpg
IMG_20161230_130643_284_zpszqb1bugc.jpg
bumper3edited_zpseaetasph.jpg

We’ve also done our trucks like a mega cab cummins with 3.5 kings, long travel deavers, and radius arms. And a Tundra class 1400 race truck with center mounted a-arms, trailing arms out back and full DOM cage front to rear getting over 21” of travel in front and 26” in the rear. I can post us pics of those if you guys are interested.

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been following you on Instagram for a long time. You make some good looking stuff! Wish I could afford those control arms haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Holy ****! That truck is awesome. That is straight up ****. I was wondering if there were 2wd options and its good to see that's the first thing you went into. Cool how you tied the lower control arm bucket in with it. I will surely be following you guys and please post more pictures!

OP
OP
G

gorracing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Haha you guys are way cooler than other forums. I'm staying here. The next step for this is to make a full race kit capable of running the baja 1000 and eating all the terrain that comes along with that. The rear will be back halved meaning you will cut the frame right behind the cab and weld on a prefabricated race chassis with 60" trailing arms, shock mounts, fuel cell pocket, jack mount, tire mounts, and hangar for fiberglass bedsides.
Here's some pictures of other trucks we've done. An 06 megacab twin turbo cummins with a trussed axle, 3.5 kings, long travel deavers, and over 900hp and 2000 ft lb of torque
1_zpsaqe8bena.png

A rock crawler jeep with 2.5 coilovers, 4 linked front and rear and smittybilt armor
7_zpsbj48oehd.png

And a class 1400 race tundra with trailing arms, center mounted a-arms, full DOM cage, 21" front travel 26" rear travel
2_zps9pzbkjrt.jpg
8_zpsvaqkv0z5.png
3_zpsekps3lia.jpg
4_zps5ekyhum2.jpg
5_zps6ox5fxbm.jpg

Ghetto Fab.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS!
Finally something worth looking at in the lifted section! Your work looks good. I'd find a new spot for those bypasses on the back of the 1500 though.

Kevin

OP
OP
G

gorracing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Love the Ram pics!
But please, no Toyota stuff.

lol I agree. Just showing some previous work

Finally something worth looking at in the lifted section! Your work looks good. I'd find a new spot for those bypasses on the back of the 1500 though.

Kevin

That's the safest spot for them. They are angled to get more progressive as it compresses. The bypasses are optional and not necessary since these trucks are super light in the rear. Actually that spot was originally intended for an airshock so you can have a desert/tow truck in one but a last minute decision was made to put a bypass in instead since that truck won't be towing anything

Mopar1987

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Was just on your website, do you get the bedcage with your full kit even if I don't use coilovers?

OP
OP
G

gorracing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 eco diesel
Was just on your website, do you get the bedcage with your full kit even if I don't use coilovers?

I'm not sure what you mean. The bedcage is included in the complete kit but you DO need coilovers for it. otherwise, what's the point of a bed cage? You don't have to buy coilovers from us. King, fox, or swayaway 14" coilovers will work with a 250# spring over a 200# spring (we always suggest king)
Also, the rear of these trucks are light enough to use a king air shock instead of coilovers. And if you want to be the first one to test a truck with them, I would give a really deal on the kit to where you'd be getting the shocks nearly free

TomT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the fact that it looks like the stealth mount would still fit under my tonneau cover. Total off road sleeper. :)

Great work!

grgreagreaga

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 ram 1500
Engine
I'll pm you my address, feel free to send some free samples my way.

1bad15RAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey gorracing. I've been talking to you about using your kit on my 2015 ram single cab short bed. I will be giving you a call around mid may when i get back from my dune trip in Oklahoma. Can't wait to get my hands on your product

wisey113

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Was seriously considering LT from Dirt King, but now I've seen this.... Awesome stuff

Pcripe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My only question is how is daily driving capabilities? I've been slowly building my runner for the last couple of years, but I've never been able to fine tune response. It will glide over terrain. But it takes alot for the steering o respond. It's not very I intuitive. In order to go where I want I really have to spin the wheel. Also I have ramboxes will the bed cage fit? Not that a serious coil over on the rear is necessary in my opinion, but I never do anything half assed either.

usaf2006

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Old post, but man would I love this for my Rebel.... any thoughts on doing a 2wd desert running Rebel? I know we'd have to trash the air suspension, but hey... this is much cooler haha