Question on my BDS Fox Coilovers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone adjusted your Fox coilovers while they are on the truck? I got my new BDS spanner wrench today. I want to adjust mine another 0.5". I have done a lot of research on this and I can't find anything on these coilovers on adjusting them. I have a 1.5" rake. I am just trying to get it to a 1" rake. Any help would be appreciated.

20160911_151924_zps1mduuu3b.jpg

THRASHER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v8
I'm pretty sure you will have to take them off to adjust them.. Fox will tell you that you can lift the front end off the ground, taking the weight off the front suspension to adjust but that wasn't the case when I did it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Bighorn 4 Life

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure you will have to take them off to adjust them.. Fox will tell you that you can lift the front end off the ground, taking the weight off the front suspension to adjust but that wasn't the case when I did it!

Well that sucks lol. Thanks for the info

OP
OP
Bighorn 4 Life

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

How far did you go on adjusting yours? I'm taking mine to where it's 3" from the top of the ring to the cap. That will give me what I want.

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
I called fox before I bought mine and asked them about adjusting on the truck. They said don't do it because it can strip the threads.

OP
OP
Bighorn 4 Life

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called fox before I bought mine and asked them about adjusting on the truck. They said don't do it because it can strip the threads.

OK. I emailed Fox about it. Just waiting to hear from them. If that's the case I'm just putting my body lift on and calling it good lol.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

This is the same thing I have heard. I have also heard people say to compress the spring just for extra insurance.

OP
OP
Bighorn 4 Life

Bighorn 4 Life

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the same thing I have heard. I have also heard people say to compress the spring just for extra insurance.

Yeah I have heard this as well.. If that's the case I will leave them alone. I'm putting a 3" body lift on it anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio