Question for you guys with bilsteins

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've got a 2015 ram sport CC 4x4, thinking of getting the bils on the front of my truck and setting them at 2.1 and running a 275/65/20 on my stock rims. My question is anybody having issues with cv joints or front end vibrations after install?

Raist11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There's a lot of information on this to be found. Usually at 2.1 you're fine, there are the rare cases where someone has some trouble. Let's be honest though, with any modification there's always someone that has bad luck. If you go to 2.8 that's where the amount of people with issues increases dramatically. I'll be picking a set up eventually and going to 2.1 with everything else being factory components.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I agree with Raist11 above , well said .
I have a 2014 QC 4X4 , I set my bills to +2.8 " a little over 5k miles ago and my ride is still better than stock and I've never had any vibrations at all . I've driven I 2wd 90+mph and 4wd to 55mph , I use 4wd at least every week and sometimes daily from September through January (Deer season )

The install is a pretty easy DIY if your into that stuff , if you have Qs during your install post them here I'm subscribing now .
Also watch the you tube video on How to install a lift kit Ram , it's a pretty good confidence builder if you need it .

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I've got a 2015 ram sport CC 4x4, thinking of getting the bils on the front of my truck and setting them at 2.1 and running a 275/65/20 on my stock rims. My question is anybody having issues with cv joints or front end vibrations after install?

I couldn't get many hands on answers, this is what I did real world.
Bilstein 5100's adjusted to 2.1", alignment. It did change the angle of of the CV's but everything worked fine. Make sure whom ever is doing the alignment knows what they are doing because there is a major change. I see no need at all to even worry about upper control arm's unless I was going with 12½" tires. I wanted to keep my tires inside my truck, not spraying everything on the road (including stones) on the sides of my truck. The tires also have changed my speedometer about 8 mph.

With the leveling kit, ground to inner fender was 37½" in all four corners.
I then put on 4 Nitto Terra Grappler 2's 285x65x20, on stock wheels. This brought my inner fender measurement to 39½" at all for corners. This also put my CV's basically back to the stock angle, which I was very happy with. I have lost very little in ride quality and no issues with road noise.

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nicely written.
How tall are your 285s ?

OP
OP
B

Bctexascrazy1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It just seems here lately more people are having trouble with them in the long run, I guess it wouldn't hurt to go with aftermarket control arms and stabilizer links

Mxjosh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have bils set at 2.8 on my 2010 with no vibe issues in 4x4. (little less than a year so far)

12ramhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi

Exact setup I have been running for three years and over 20k miles. I have had zero issues and like the ride quality.