Quick question about some wheel & tire combo ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

edemce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like this setup this guy has on his truck and was wondering if the wheel and tire sizing will work on stock height? I don't see anywhere in the notes if the truck has been lifted or leveled so i'm assuming its stock ride height.

Here is the link to the website,

Dodge Ram 1500 Hostage II - D232 Gallery - MHT Wheels Inc.

WHEEL SIZE: 20x10
TIRE SIZE: 33x12.50R20

Is that correct? I like the setup and think i might go this route with my truck as well.

Thank you !

Gymkata

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like this setup this guy has on his truck and was wondering if the wheel and tire sizing will work on stock height? I don't see anywhere in the notes if the truck has been lifted or leveled so i'm assuming its stock ride height.

Is that correct? I like the setup and think i might go this route with my truck as well.

Thank you !

Wait for others with more experience to weight in before making a decision...but stock tires are 33x11 and 33x12.5 is 1.5" wider. The offset on those wheels is much more aggressive (sticking out), so there is likely little chance of rubbing on inside suspension components. If I had to guess, the only rubbing if any at stock (4x4) height would be light rubbing on the plastic fenderwell.

Last edited:
OP
OP
edemce

edemce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait for others with more experience to weight in before making a decision...but stock tires are 33x11 and 33x12.5 is 1.5" wider. The offsets on those wheels is much more aggressive (sticking out), so there is likely little chance of rubbing on inside suspension components. If I had to guess, the only rubbing if any at stock (4x4) height would be light rubbing on the plastic fenderwell.

Makes sense, yeah im not in a big rush to buy wheels yet but this would be a setup i wouldnt mind going with.

chipmaker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks fairly level to me. Level yours up and get 35s.

Last edited:
OP
OP
edemce

edemce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks fairly level to me. Level yours up and get 35s.

I have thought about this route but the only thing that holds me back a bit is having the front nose up in the air if i have to tow or pull anything. I really hate that look lol.

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
It's understandable to see a truck nose high while towing. Not towing is when it looks silly.

You can add lift up front to fit 35's, spacer in the rear and keep some rake. It's not exactly level, but it's not factory rake either.

OP
OP
edemce

edemce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't mind the stock height and rake if I go with off-road style wheels but I'm not sure if that size is capable on stock height. If need be then I'll probably do the Bils, Mevos, and as mentioned a rear spacer.

Wonder if anyone is on this setup .

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So height isn't the issue.. Your stock tires are 33". It's the width that would require the spacers. If you want to go taller than 33 you can. I'd think safley up to 35" at stock height (according to some that have done it) But I wouldn't go bigger than say 275/65/20 on stock height, to keep it from looking too stuffed in the front.

OP
OP
edemce

edemce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So height isn't the issue.. Your stock tires are 33". It's the width that would require the spacers. If you want to go taller than 33 you can. I'd think safely up to 35" at stock height (according to some that have done it) But I wouldn't go bigger than say 275/65/20 on stock height, to keep it from looking too stuffed in the front.

Yes i agree, I have seen a couple people post up the 35's but they are also on a 9 inch wide wheel. I as well don't want to stuff up my fenders, i don't mind filling them up a little bit but not too much.

Is the 1 inch that much of a difference ? I have the 20x9 sport wheels now on my truck, I would assume going only 1 inch wider wouldn't be an issue especially with a -19 offset. I'm not a fan of wheels spacers unless its very minimal like 10mm and below.

I noticed your thread you have 35's with a level kit on and rear spacer and your wheel well still looks pretty tight in there. I am trying to avoid having to do a big lift on my truck. Its my daily and use more so for towing or driving in bad weather plus i dont have high gears on it either. Just looking for a nice set of wheels and some good tires for everyday driving without having to overly modify my truck, thats why i like the height where its at now. The most as for lift wise, would be me doing the Bils up front , Mevos, and then throw a rear spacer in the back.

Last edited:

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
275/65/20 for your factory rims is a great size, looks good, you wont rub. Get you a nice set of A/Ts

20x10 rims will also work, but an offset/backspacing expert would have to help you there.

Last edited:

Jerry1984

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure what the offset is on those, but my 17x9 with -13 offset fit 33x12.5 tires with zero rubbing at stock height. There are calculators online that can see if those would be similar. Just need to know the offset.

Embrod

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thank you !

I'm no expert but can share some advice.

The look that your going for Including the fuel hostage II 20x10's and fuel mud gripper 33x12.5x20's will fit on your stock ram with no issues. Height wise would be no issue regardless of offset as those tires are actually a tad shorter than stock at 32.8" verses stock height of 33". Being that these wheels have an offset of -19 they will sit out wide enough to clear your suspension components. This is a fairly wide tire for 33, and will sit outside your fender about an inch or a little more on the hostage II's.

A great source of information including a gallery can be found at customoffsetwheels. Check out this link https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery?advanced=1&make=Ram&model=1500&trimming=Minor+Plastic+Trimming&page=1.

Good luck!

ramrunner56

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thank you !
I had 33x12.5R20 tires mounter on 20x9 wheels on stock height with no problems. 20x10 should be okay but you'd be safer with a level.