Rancho Quicklift Disappointment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2k9ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
After battling with Strut noise from my Bilstein's I bit the bullet and pulled them off and installed Rancho Quicklift's. Install was super easy, and first impression was amazing! However, after a few days of settling, and an alignment I felt like I was looking at my factory ride height Ram.

Now mind you my Ram has always seemed to stand a little more stout than your average Dodge. Why? I have no idea. But my factory ride height with my Bils installed at the factory setting were basically 38" in the front and 39 1/2" in the back. Keep in mind these measurements were with the factory 275 65 20's installed.

When my Bils were installed @ 2.1 with 275 65 20's installed my truck measured roughly 40 1/8.

Now for the disappointment... With the Quicklift's installed in the front I now measure roughly 39". Even with a taller tire installed, I'm measuring an inch gained from factory ride height, and my tires now rub on the inner wheel well when backing up and close to full lock. VERY DISAPPOINTING! I've read other forums of members not getting the 2" advertised by Rancho, but this is crazy!

On a more positive note... I am very happy with the ride quality of the Rancho's. Rancho support has also been willing to send me a new set to try, or willing to refund my money based on the 90 day ride guarantee. I no longer have any strut noise, and the few times I've used 4wd I have not noticed any vibrations on acceleration.

So I am left with what the hell do I do? Do I request a refund, and go back to the Bils? Adding time, money and frustration? While better than factory, do I just live with the look that I am not happy with? While the majority of Bilstein owners report no new noises with their Bils, my set clearly came with added noise and vibrations from the front steering components.

Why couldn't the Quicklift's just provide what is advertised, and all these questions would be mute...

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Everyone thinks Bilstein are the best. They're also one of the cheapest ways to level a Ram, besides a spacer. You're just preloading the stock coil and replacing the shock. That doesn't sound appealing to me. At least the Quicklift are giving you a new coil and 9 settings to adjust the shock. So I thought I was making a good choice by buying the Rancho's. But over time I had the same complaints as other. It didn't provide enough lift. It never leveled. And after a year, I feel like its started to sag a bit too. BUT I enjoyed the ride. I liked being able to adjust the shocks.
So I was in the market for a new shock. Spacers, Bilstein, wasn't even an option to me. Next up on the quality list were Fox 2.0 And with them being ride height adjustable, I was sure to get my stance just right. Lucky for me, they provided 2" over the Quicklift ride height right out of out the box. So I just removed and replaced. I had one side done if about 40mins from removing a lug nut - to tightening one.

So to sum it all up; I say request a refund and get the Fox 2.0!

Last edited:

Gary2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I guess they are all different . I had to add a 1" spacer in the rear so my 14 Reg cab short bed so it looked right to me with the Rancho's. Bilsteins were on my 07 and tried every setting and it never rode good so I traded it.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no issue with them. Looks are 2nd to ride quality. and after adding a 1.5 body lift the rake is actually less noticeable.

13886389_10154415638403552_7678991426041933571_n.jpg

Last edited:

Thor09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Thats a shame the rancho quicklift didnt work out. Ive had mine for a year and a half and got a good 2" of lift after alignment. Good ride but might have slight coil sag also.

Novelmike, where did you get the Fox 2.0 leveling shocks, i didnt realize they made those?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thats a shame the rancho quicklift didnt work out. Ive had mine for a year and a half and got a good 2" of lift after alignment. Good ride but might have slight coil sag also.

Novelmike, where did you get the Fox 2.0 leveling shocks, i didnt realize they made those?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4 Wheel Parts. I bought them during the black friday sale last year. I think I got them for 10% off, no tax, and free shipping. No tax is a big deal for us that live in Los Angeles. Its almost 10% sales tax. So they were just about 20% off!
From what I've noticed, everyone sells the Fox 2.0 for the same price, $429 each for the front. Every once in a while Autoanything.com will have them for 10% off.

novelmike

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have no issue with them. Looks are 2nd to ride quality. and after adding a 1.5 body lift the rake is actually less noticeable.

13886389_10154415638403552_7678991426041933571_n.jpg

If my truck looked like yours, I would still have my Quicklift shocks on my Ram! Here's a pic of mine with the Fox 2.0s

Attachments

• IMG_0930.jpg
    IMG_0930.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 72