Rcx coustmer service blows

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
As some of you know I've been dealing with my rear coil springs having a bend in them and popping out of place every now and then. Well after months of trying to contact them to resolve the problem I finally get a e-mail back saying that there is no problem and my lift is perfectly fine.... There is quite clearly a bend in the coil spring. They said that there upper arm being .75 inches longer could no way cause the problem I am having and I need new coil springs to fix it. The truck is one year old with 10000 miles 4000 lifted. So my words of advice stay as far away from rcx and spend the extra 200 on zone or superlift and save your self a head ach :flipthebird:

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
lmao how can they say there is nothing wrong with that? Thats ridiculous

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I even told them I would split the cost of a adjustabul upper control arm with no luck at all they don't even respond now

GoldDot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks out of alignment to me. Whats the other side look like?

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unreal . Things like this is why so many say don't go rcx.

I went by my local 4x4 shop to pick there brain . They have 4 diff lift companies lifts displayed on the wall in multiple applications .

Long story short , they will not even purchase from rcx due to the lack of customer svc.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
i would call them and ask for a manager directly

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Other side looks just like the one pictured. It's due to there upper arm being .75 longer then stock. This causes it to push the top of the axle towards the rear of the truck so it has to bend to go up to the coil spacer. At this point I am just about at the end of the straw but have no help from them at all leaving me stranded so at this point I am just spreading the word as much as I can to hopefully save others from this same issue. I know not everyone using rcx is having this problem but there's no hiding the problem with my lift. It's actually unsafe to drive because if I hit a big bump that coil spring can pop out of place because it's so bent.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
i mean my superlift has a slight arch but nothing crazy like that

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
That's real ******.. Apparently bds customer service isn't any better. My buddy has a '12 sport with their lift on it and needed a new outer tie rod that and a rear sway bar end link so he called them since it has a "lifetime warranty" but they said his sway bar end links were the factory ones and that their lift doesn't come with any. Well the lift did come with one cause we researched the part number and it actually links back to fabtech part numbers. So he called them back and they wouldn't do anything for him and wouldn't order him new ones. Told him he had to go to a bds dealer to do that. The closest one to us is 2 hours away.

Csanders1992

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You could always contact zone and buy the rear portion of their lift. Or just buy some adjustable arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I can see having a slight arch to help with driveline angle but mine is redlicouls

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I shouldn't have to spend another 500 to fix there problem. I already spent 1400 on the lift. If I knew it was going to be this much of a hassle I would of purchased a bds lift

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
You could always contact zone and buy the rear portion of their lift. Or just buy some adjustable arms

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a lot that the op could do to fix it own his own.. The real issue here is that RCX is blowing him off when it is "their" responsibility to make it right.

IMO

OP
OP
J

jstacey8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I know I could go out and buy some adjustabul arm and fix the problem but I shouldn't have to buy parts for a lift that is spouse to bolt right in and be good to go. And really shouldn't have to spend my money to fix there problem

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Your's is not the first time I've heard of a rear spring issue with a rxc lift , seems like a guy actually had one pop out of place on him , not sure of the details on why or how , but I do remember rxc not helping him out with the issue . I believe he was in Canada ? I'll try to find the post . I'm pretty sure it was here on the Ram Forum ...

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not to hijack too much, but here's a side by side of my RCX 4" strut spacer that I replaced with a set of BDS (myself and the OP were discussing this earlier).

Take a look at the ****** tack weld used on the bolt head of the Rough Country compared to the BDS. I had one of those welds let go when I was doing work on the driver side. And had another break free on the other side when I was in the process of replacing them.

Once Rough Country did finally get back to me they said they would sell me another at a discount. :flipthebird:
I've had the kit for a few years now and this is my first real issue. And maybe they've beefed up these since then or I just got unlucky, but customer service definitely leaves something to be desired.

Attachments

• 20160126_170844.jpg
    20160126_170844.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Wow, that's crazy! I'm really glad I listened to many of the members here and went with Zone instead of RCX..

Adam