rear air bags with lift kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Has anyone done this? I did a bit of searching and it looks like it can be done. I'm looking to do either a 4 or 6" lift but I'll be pulling trailers and putting my four wheeler & sled in the back box so I don't want it to squat all the time!

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Anyone done this?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

MiRamDriver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I figured it out. JUST did the install.

Use the lock and lift spacers corresponding to your rear lift height, cut the tabs off and stack them on top of the air spring but inside the coil. The coil springs that should work on our trucks are too big in diameter for my new coils and it causes them to have folds in them, but I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I figured it out. JUST did the install.

Use the lock and lift spacers corresponding to your rear lift height, cut the tabs off and stack them on top of the air spring but inside the coil. The coil springs that should work on our trucks are too big in diameter for my new coils and it causes them to have folds in them, but I'm at a loss as to how to fix it.

Awesome to know someone's done it! Lol, if you figure out a fix let me know! I won't be doing it for a little while lol

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thor09 did this to his truck among others with just the airlift 1000.

The way the airlift 1000 works is not by up and down compression rather compression by pushing outwards to prevent the coil from compressing.

Given that the rear coils of a lift is longer, there will be a few inches without coverage thus allowing it to compress giving your truck the ability to sag a tad.

I believe Thor09 said his sagged 1/2". which to me is not bad considering the airlift 1000 does not cover it all