Rear Coil Spacer Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pollock21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Currently planning my upcoming level for my 2014 4x4 sport crew cab and trying to address my options for the rear. I'm likely going to add 3/4" or 1" coil spacers to the rear to match the billy's up front at 2.8. Also debating on grabbing the billy's for the rear as well.

I'm concerned with noises and clunking that some have said can come with rear coil spacers. I'd like to hear which brand spacers guys are running and how quiet they are.

I would think the poly spacers would be quieter, but the TGC's seem to install with the factory isolator which may keep them fairly quiet. Please let me know what you're running and your results/how satisfied you are with them. Model and part number are welcome to, hoping this thread will serve as a dedicated reference for those looking to add spacers.

Jershipe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had 3/4 tgc poly on mine with the level. Worked fine. Now I have a no name 1 1/2 eBay steel spacer on it. It doesn't make any noise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Top gun customs will likely be most recommended. I'm planning on running the 3/4" Polly in the rear myself.

OP
OP
P

Pollock21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Cool, I thought their's were only steel, glad to hear they make a poly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
If you don't want any noise TGC's poly spacers are the way to go. Any steel spacer will make noise if you use the truck for offroading or even hit speed bumps hard enough. The factory spring isolator stays on the spring side. On the frame side there's steel on steel contact between the spacer and the frame.

Andler2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was sent 2" spacers instead of 1.5" and I never cared to swap them with the retailer. I do have some odd clunking in the rear end when hitting speed bumps or the gutter in a subdivision driveway. I was just under the truck checking everything from Control arm bushings, pan hard bar bushings, shock bushings and bolts, etc. Nothing is loose or worn out enough to make the noise I've been hearing. However, I don't have a Gopro to mount under the truck when hitting a bump to monitor everything and find the root cause. So I've left it as is. My wheels and tires just came in today, so when I'm installing them I may remove the spacers to see if the sound disappears.

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have not installed them yet. Waiting til I get my new tires.