Rear end noise after readylift sst

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Ever since I installed my readylift sst kit 2.5 front 1.5 rear, the rear end has been making noise every time I go over bumps. I attached a video to show you what I'm talking about.

Everything seems tight I can't figure out what's causing this. Hopefully someone can help me out with this because it's driving me insane!!

https://youtu.be/osIF73c9qb4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Wonder if your shocks are topped out.? did you get longer shocks?

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The front end has a larger lift and makes no noise. Readylift also told me that I would not need longer shocks for this leveling application

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I've had this checked out twice and each shop couldn't figure it out

The DodgeFather

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are you sure it's in the rear and ? Have you checked your ball joints ? Try jacking truck up and start at top of tire and push back and fourth . Is Track bar loose ? Sway bar bushing conditions ? Also do you have anything inside the truck maybe behind a seat that is just rattling when going over slight bumps in road .

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Are you sure it's in the rear and ? Have you checked your ball joints ? Try jacking truck up and start at top of tire and push back and fourth . Is Track bar loose ? Sway bar bushing conditions ? Also do you have anything inside the truck maybe behind a seat that is just rattling when going over slight bumps in road .

Thanks I'm gonna give it a try tomorrow.

I emptied the whole truck out, folded the seats and looked behind there, took off the bed cover. So it's nothing stupid like a can.

I had a friend jumping up and down on the bed while I listened, no noise when we did that only when driving and only at low speeds, mostly prominent around 15-25mph over bumps.

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its the rear swaybar. I have the same problem and i have yet to find a fix for it. Mine sounds more like a clank. Happens over pop holes and speed bumps

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Its the rear swaybar. I have the same problem and i have yet to find a fix for it

I didn't have it before I leveled my truck.. I was thinking of upgrading the struts to Bilstein 5100's, but if it's the sway bar as you're saying that won't make a difference

rpittman47

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can't watch the video, but what is included in this leveling kit? If the rear spacers are steel that's what the noise is. I have tgc rear coil spacers which are steel, every bump or crack in the road produces a clanking noise from the rear. I bought these used so I'll live with the noise. If I were to buy new I would of bought the poly ones.

OP
OP
pgr1990

pgr1990

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Ever since it got warm outside the noise has just disappeared.

I reluctantly got the mod bug in the midst of researching suspension... gonna be removing my front leveling spacers and upgrading my front shocks to Bilstein 6112's with their adjustable 2.3" lift and keeping the 1.5" blocks on the rear and going with Bilstein 5160's.

I also ordered the cabin filter mod as well as the DeeZee tailgate assist and am waiting. patiently for them to arrive at my door...

Man I shouldn't have bought a truck...