Removing BDS 4in Lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byokes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I want to remove a BDS 4in lift. I see from the instructions that install required trimming the rear control arm pocket. I'm not a mechanic and am unsure what this means in terms of removing the lift or even what exactly this is...I believe that I have to either find this piece or fab a new one and weld back on.

I am also assuming that as long as I have all the stock parts, this is the only real issue (I still have all stock parts).

Few questions:
1. What are my options with the trimming of the control arm pocket? Finding the old cut out peice or fabricating a new one and welding back on?
2. Is this the only issue? I believe that everything else is bolt on and can easily be brought back to stock with the stock parts
3. Will I see any impact to stock performance?
4. What are my options to return to stock or at a minimum, closer to stock height?

Thanks for the help!

TheFactor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just curious why you want to remove and what if any are the negatives if any that might of pushed you into this decision . I'm contemplating a lift is why I ask and thanks in advance .
I'm sure some more knowledgeable folks will chime in for you to help out

Tylermar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I would assume you could just fab up and weld in a new support. But if your interested in selling your lift i may be interested

Dantheman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
1. Assuming you still have the piece that what was cut off and the crossmember that goes there, I would image it would be a lot cheaper to weld it back on instead of fabricating a new piece.

2. That should be your only major issue, besides the holes that were drilled in the rear control arm pockets. But if you are worried about those, you can always fill them in with weld and grind it down smooth?

3. As far as performance wise, I would image you will regain some mpg and power if you are changing tires? Obviously you are going to loose some offroad clearance.

4. Again, assuming you have all the original parts still, all you are really going to change is the rear coils, knuckles up front, take the spacer/preload off the struts, and remove all the BDS parts. This should bring you back down to stock height.

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just curious why you want to remove and what if any are the negatives if any that might of pushed you into this decision . I'm contemplating a lift is why I ask and thanks in advance .
I'm sure some more knowledgeable folks will chime in for you to help out

Bump