Removing my 2.5" level.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I thought upon seeing all of you gents and your sharp looking lifted Rams that I wanted to be on that playground. I had a level installed in the beginning of the summer to get rid of that dreaded rake. But upon reading and researching, it would appear doing that would more so hurt my truck as opposed to help. So I ordered a set of the Bilstein 5100 level for the front.

I was going with a 6" lift but honestly it's really not for me. So with that being said. I'm going with a 4" lift in January and am sticking with my current wheels and tires. My question is will I be able to keep the Bilsteins when the 4" lift is added ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 107

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Yes, as gasser said, you will definitely want to use the Bilsteins with the lift to level it out.

Have you installed the Bilsteins already or are you going to just install them when you do the lift? What lift kit are you planning to go with?

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm going hopefully with BDS for the 4" and I have no problem grabbing another set of wheels and tires. I just don't want to look like I spend majority of my time off-road tires wise lol.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
Depending on the rear lift option you go with you will want to use the Bilsteins for sure. Set at either 0.7" or 1.4" depending on the rear lift setup and the current measurements of your truck.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've got the Zone 4"F/3"R kit with the Bils set at 0.7" to leave just a little rake for when the truck is loaded. Zone is the sister company of BDS. Don't get me wrong, BDS is a great kit, but if you really don't go out and pound it in the dirt, you can save yourself a nice chuck of change towards some bigger tires. There are a number of AT and HT type tires that don't have that serious offroad look to them. The Pirelli ATR's are one, and Nitto makes a couple that have great street manners, with little road noise.

BogsRam14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Technically if you do a 4" BDS or Zone and have Bils set at 2.1 you end up with about the same height as their 6"front/3"rear lift kit.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh man..been there...becareful man once you start to go up higher, your wallet is going to start screaming to stop spending money while every time you look at your truck, it's going to be too small...lol

I have bilstein set to max in the front, and a spacer in the rear. Upgraded tires to something more aggressive and now I want to keep going up...but my wallet Beggs to differ...lol

2012 Ram 1500 quadcab
**Sent from the *********

gassersarentdead

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Oh man..been there...becareful man once you start to go up higher, your wallet is going to start screaming to stop spending money while every time you look at your truck, it's going to be too small...lol

I have bilstein set to max in the front, and a spacer in the rear. Upgraded tires to something more aggressive and now I want to keep going up...but my wallet Beggs to differ...lol

2012 Ram 1500 quadcab
**Sent from the *********

Then you go to a lifted diesel:naughty:

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I thought upon seeing all of you gents and your sharp looking lifted Rams that I wanted to be on that playground. I had a level installed in the beginning of the summer to get rid of that dreaded rake. But upon reading and researching, it would appear doing that would more so hurt my truck as opposed to help. So I ordered a set of the Bilstein 5100 level for the front.

I was going with a 6" lift but honestly it's really not for me. So with that being said. I'm going with a 4" lift in January and am sticking with my current wheels and tires. My question is will I be able to keep the Bilsteins when the 4" lift is added ?

What size tires are you running? I actually contemplated running the SRT rims with a lift and tires just because you don't typically see them on a lifted truck.

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My current tires are 275/60/20 Michelins..

OP
OP
DRkNESS

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
This is how I'm pricing it out, hopefully I can still use my nib Bilsteins with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 25

6.7CumminsDrvr

The Dude abides………
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You'll be able to use the Bils no problem. Check out auto anything, I keep getting 20% off emails............I scored a 4" lift for $1079 shipped to my front door