Replacing rear springs, have a few questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ders808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 4" Rough Country lift on a 2010 Ram 1500 QC and it's not leveled which irritates me. I want to replace the rear coils to something that would make it level (Even a slight squat won't be bad). I don't know where to start and which parts to buy to replace the rear springs, or if this will even give me the desired outcome. So, I'm asking you, RamForum, what do I need to do?

Thanks

PS: Pics can be provided if needed.

OP
OP
D

ders808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm not sure what they are, I believe they may be stock(I looked and it had a Chrysler tag on it). But I'm not looking to raise the front any more, I want to keep it where it sits so there isn't a lot of space in the wheel-wells.

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Weird, that kit should've had you sitting pretty much level. So are you wanting to lower or raise the rear?

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Probably going to have to go through zone or bds... And if you have the rear spacer version... Maybe can just remove it and try that.

Stand by for an rcx expert to confirm.

IMO

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As AB said, your best bet would be to go with a smaller spacer in the back (I'm assuming the 2" spacer is what you have currently).

OP
OP
D

ders808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As AB said, your best bet would be to go with a smaller spacer in the back (I'm assuming the 2" spacer is what you have currently).

There isn't a spacer in the rear, coil goes from the axle to the top enclosure.
I'll edit in pictures in just a moment.

EDIT:
Here are the pictures: http://imgur.com/a/llHvF

You can see the previous owner once had blocks, but decided to use something else perhaps?

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Rcx used to come with springs (don't know what size, maybe call them and ask) but now they just have spacers for the rear.

Once you figure out how much lift those provide, you can start searching for a smaller size. Worst case , get a set of stock springs off someone ( a lot of guys have them laying around, including me).. If they're too short, you can add a spacer to your desired height.

IMO

smoothee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There isn't a spacer in the rear, coil goes from the axle to the top enclosure.
I'll edit in pictures in just a moment.

EDIT:
Here are the pictures: Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

You can see the previous owner once had blocks, but decided to use something else perhaps?

Ah ok, I wasn't sure what year RC started going with spacers (my 11 kit had spacers).

So I'd do what Austin said.

PassivAggressor

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Unless you really want to save money and just chop a coil or so off...

OP
OP
D

ders808

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Rcx used to come with springs (don't know what size, maybe call them and ask) but now they just have spacers for the rear.

Once you figure out how much lift those provide, you can start searching for a smaller size. Worst case , get a set of stock springs off someone ( a lot of guys have them laying around, including me).. If they're too short, you can add a spacer to your desired height.

IMO

would you happen to know where I could buy a 3" Rear coil set?

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
90f616c2ac56816ed9266bdeeda6da7f.jpg

Last edited: