Reverse stopped working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nshepherd1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram sport
Engine
2011 dodge ram sport 5.7 hemi 1500 . 8 inch lift on 37s . Reverse was working fine got stuck when I was hunting up to almost the floorboards an reverse stopped working worked fine when I was stuck when I got out stopped working like I was in neutral . not one noise a crunch , grind or anything its just free in reverse doesn't attempt to engage , was wondering if something got wet an mudding a valve or something an isn't allowing it to engage I would much rather fix it then scrub the underneath to take back to dealer for warranty . I have a hard time believe reverse broke because drive an park an neutral works mint an over drive an never made a noise before it stopped working and it worked fine

jwheeler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is the check engine light on? It could be a problem with the shifter, linkage or an internal trans problem. If you have power train warranty, just take it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SilverStreak88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Eco Gasser
My thought is that it's the linkage... were you shifting to rock it back and fourth? Turning those big ass tires and stressing a stock trans like that could have made it partially crap out. If you were up to the floor boards in water then it's a good possibility that water went through the top vent on the trans and plugged up a portion on the valve body.

OP
OP
N

nshepherd1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 ram sport
Engine
no engine light on an was hoping I could fix it pretty mechanically inclined but if its a huge pain in the ass ill have to take it in was rocking it a bit but it was working fine until I shut it off an went to get back in