Rough country ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Buckeyedavey2323

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is rough country a good lift or will it affect my truck at all or hard to install my brother in law gets discounts threw rough country I can get a full 6 inch lift for my truck for around 900 any options please give me some insight thanks

Eline24lenny

Reaction score
Ram Year
2o12
Engine
5.7L
Alot of people on here will say not to go with rough country but in my honest opinion I see nothing wrong with their lifts. I have a 4 inch RC lift on my 2o12 ram and I know alot of other people who also have RC lifts with no issues. There not the top of the line nor the bottom but for the price it's a decent lift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

02ramboi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
I had rough country on a jeep and ride quality wasn't that great. I would suggest lift spindles from maxtrac. There suspension has my truck riding better than stock and I'm lifted 7 inches. You wouldn't tell you were in a lifted truck. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackbeautyhemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
My ride quality is great with a rc lift. You can't compare a jeep to a ram 1500 anyway for ride quality with a lift kit.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
Sure there are better lifts out there, but I have been happy with my 6" RC lift

OP
OP
B

Buckeyedavey2323

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can I get belstein shocks and would that help or not worth it to add on the rc lift ?

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had both RCX and BDS lifts. I've had no problems with either lift for daily driving. I don't offroad so I can't comment on that aspect of the lifts. If you buy the RCX I would take your savings and get some better shocks and a panhard bar relocation bracket from Superlift, Zone or BDS. The Zone or BDS is easier to install since it mounts to the rear axle.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is rough country a good lift or will it affect my truck at all or hard to install my brother in law gets discounts threw rough country I can get a full 6 inch lift for my truck for around 900 any options please give me some insight thanks

Despite what comments follow from the zone and bds fanboys :naughty:, RC is a good lift and for that price I'd jump all over it without hesitation. Is it a rough ride? To me, yes. A little bit but it's a lifted truck. Who cares.

Glad to see owners that have actually used the kit give their honest opinion and not give criticism on the kit from only what they have heard or read.

Witch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 liter
What is a panhard bar relocation bracket ?

bryan28

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Despite what comments follow from the zone and bds fanboys :naughty:, RC is a good lift and for that price I'd jump all over it without hesitation. Is it a rough ride? To me, yes. A little bit but it's a lifted truck. Who cares.

Glad to see owners that have actually used the kit give their honest opinion and not give criticism on the kit from only what they have heard or read.

People who criticize (give their opinions) without having used a product usually do so because of what they've read or heard from people who did use the product. Nobody in their right mind would buy a product to try for themselves if all they'd read were negative reviews about it. I'm not saying RC is or isn't a bad product (the reviews I've read are about 50/50) but wouldn't spend my $$ on it based on what I've read. I'd rather save and spend a little more on products that consistently get good reviews.
Also, I have a Superlift and with the Bilstein shocks it came with it is every bit as comfortable as the factory suspension.

Last edited:

WiSH2oo0

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4wd RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What is a panhard bar relocation bracket ?

The panhard bar aka track bar is the bar right above that sexy Hellwing sway bar of yours :Big Laugh: It should preferably be almost level with your rear sway bar.

Edit : There is a picture of it on the Superlift install PDF on p. 15 rear install section. BDS has a picture of it on p. 7 figure 6a and 6b of the rear install. I likes the Superlift bracket better but it was a little hard to get a drill in that location. If I had a right angle drill it would've been a piece of cake. But if you have an aftermarket differential cover the BDS bracket is nice because it moves the lower panhard mounting point up to allow for more clearance for the differential cover.

Attachments

• 20170515_170811.jpg
    20170515_170811.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wait, is your brother in law also related to me, hint hint hint?