Rough Country 2.5" Leveling Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JFec21

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just recently purchased the RC 2.5" leveling kit for my 17 Ram 1500 4WD. Haven't installed it yet and was wondering if I could get some input on the pros and cons. Mostly if installing this kit will significantly cause damage to the truck? Any feed back will be much appreciated

Sam14651

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just installed this kit today. I'm glad my friend had all the necessary tools to complete the job.
I'm also curious if there are issues that I need to be aware of.

sticknstring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just recently purchased the RC 2.5" leveling kit for my 17 Ram 1500 4WD. Haven't installed it yet and was wondering if I could get some input on the pros and cons. Mostly if installing this kit will significantly cause damage to the truck? Any feed back will be much appreciated

Had 2.5" spacers front and rear on my 13 1500 4x4. Never had issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R.L.K.

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 4X4 QC Express 6 speed auto 355 differentials
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It will stiffen the ride up quite a bit , just keep an eye on your UCA ball joints and inform back if you have issues .

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Theres a group here that will tell you your UCA ball joints are going to catch fire as soon as you take the tire off to install these kits. I've run this kit for about a year now. I'm going to switch to Bilstein 5100's but I've enjoyed the kit. It definatly has a better then stock feel for the price.

Scgirardi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2013+ ram changed the design of the upper control arm. That being said 2.5" is the max you can go with a spacer. Rare occasion you will hear a horror story of a ball joint popping. If your truck is a street queen don't worry. If you plan to off-road I would def consider Bilstein 5100's as a replacement or switching out your UCA's with zone. I would stay clear of mevotech. Some think they are an upgrade however it does not fix the location of the uca's like zone does when a level/ lift is applied. Another con is less travel of the shock. Hitting speed bumps hard can cause your truck to bottom out pretty easy. But like I said street queen? You are fine. Just take it easy on bumps. I had hell bent steel 2.5" spacers and switched to Bilstein shocks. The difference is minor for daily driving however I like to play in the dirt and wanted some peace of mind. Hope this helps.

Daniel Kepfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I recently purchased this leveling kit. I had a few questions I was hoping you guys might be able to assist with. After reading your posts, it seems I'm even a little more confused. I just bought this basic kit to raise the front end level with the back. It's the 2.5IN Dodge Leveling lift kit from Rough Country. I will post link below. I was wondering how hard the install was, does it require an alignment after and is there anything else needed besides what's included in this kit because it seems you guys went above and beyond. Also it says I can put up to 33x12.50 tires once this is installed. I don't need spacers to accomodate the tires do I? Thanks for any insight you might have.

Wramey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
You can fit those tires without any sort of level or lift in the front bub. 32x12.50 only rubs slightly at complete turn.

OP how high of quality do those roughy country UCA’s look? I’m considering those over the zone’s.

Daniel Kepfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Haven't received them yet. I'll let you know when I get them in. Any idea how hard or long the install is?

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
You can fit those tires without any sort of level or lift in the front bub. 32x12.50 only rubs slightly at complete turn.

OP how high of quality do those roughy country UCA’s look? I’m considering those over the zone’s.

yes 33x12.5x20 can be run on stock suspension. Whether it rubs or not depends on the 20" wheels
Daniel Kepfer has.

Haven't received them yet. I'll let you know when I get them in. Any idea how hard or long the install is?

are you attempting to install them yourself or have a shop do it? If you have never done it before and are doing it alone expect a full day. you will also need to buy or rent coil compressors. Getting the whole assembly back in after the spacers are installed will be a ***** and be careful that your cv shafts to slip out of alignment.

Daniel Kepfer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
I was going to install them myself but after reading about the spring compressor and alignment, I might just have it done elsewhere. So are the Bilstein 5100's a seperate option instead of the spacers? If I went that route, is the install easier or harder? Do I have to replace control arms or ball joints if I went with the 5100s?

mandie3584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Recently added the 2.5” Rough Country leveling kit, and 35s. No rubbing. Seems slightly stiffer to drive but isn’t an issue for me.

6613FF87-8AE6-4A05-ADBA-D860F4880DAF.jpeg