Rough Country or Zone?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twistedX830

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 V-8
So im getting my 2012 1500 lifted soon and I don't know which one to go with.
Zone 4" Lift or the Rough Country 4"

Input would be greatly appreciated. :)

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Superlift is a good inbetween option of those 2. A few members here snagged theirs for $1079 & $1187 recently from AutoAnything. I'd take a look. The Mopar 4" lift is a rebranded Superlift kit.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted
What he said ^^. No question that Zone is the right choice between the two.

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
OP..... there is basically no difference between the two. I would get whichever is cheaper.

I would not get the superlift. I dont have to look to know its more expensive.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
OP..... there is basically no difference between the two. I would get whichever is cheaper.

Superlift is actually the cheapest option currently lol and its better then rcx, probably the same as zone, same warranty and everything

SilverSurfer15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
No one on here is any evidence that rough country is bad. Its ridiculous. people on here act like they their ram with zone lift is on par with a Carli 3/4 ton set up.

BOWERSFJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm not going to bash any others . . . I have had no issues with my Zone 4" set-up . . . It aligns correctly, tire wear is good, the ride is better than stock . . . I'm sure the others are about the same . . . I picked Zone, so that's all I can speak for . . . i would pick Zone again tomorrow

14RAM4X4

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 2500 4x4
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Not bashing rcx either. I was going to get rcx, but held off because I wanted rear springs instead of spacers. I don't care for their shocks. Ran them on my jeep for a while and they were a little soft for my liking AND when the springs settled, I lost close to 1.5" of lift. This was on my jeep, but that's my experience. Though, my initial post to go Superlift made no mention of any negative feedback towards rcx. They are a decent lift for the $$. BUT, recently Superlift could be had for a price too good to pass up.

Superlift had a sale for the last 2 months with 20% off their already lowered price of $1300.00. They have 3" springs in the rear. It's just my preference to go springs over spacers. That and when I bought my 4" kit, it was $1079 delivered !!!!! Way cheaper then the best price I could find on rcx.

So for me, I saved a good amount of $$ and I got rear springs instead of spacers. It was a win win for me!

Last edited:

Hemipower392

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm missing 2 cylinders
I don't wanna bash any brand i just wanna tell my experience. I had an 07 4x4, yes i know it had leaf springs and pry isnt the best riding vehicle to begin with. But when I got my 4 inch RCX sometimes I felt like me teeth were gonna fall out when driving, I had it professionally installed by a place that only deals with trucks and lift kits.

brandonjansen

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 3500 Laramie Limited
Engine
6.7 Cummins - Tuned and Deleted

No one on here is any evidence that rough country is bad. Its ridiculous. people on here act like they their ram with zone lift is on par with a Carli 3/4 ton set up.

There most definitely is differences between the two. The main one being the rear lift setup. RCX only provides spacers while Zone offers 3" rear coils which is a much better option for rear lift. RCX kits don't come completely finished; the steering knuckles have raw steel areas. Looks absolutely terrible after a month of driving in any kind of wet conditions. Zone kits come completely powdercoated. RCX warranty is an absolute pain to deal with if you ever do have an issue. Zone is much more reasonable and is owned by the same company that owns BDS and Fox so you know you have a good corporate company backing up the product you're buying.

Obviously a Zone kit isn't even close to on par with a Carli system. It's not even on par with a BDS kit for 1500's. But to say there's no difference between the two is simply wrong. You need to do your homework before spewing information like that out there.
I'm not saying an RCX kit is terrible, I had one on my old 1500. But if I was going to building a 1500 again there's not a chance that a RCX kit would be used. If you're going to spend the money on a full lift kit it's simply better to spend a little bit more and get a Zone kit. You're getting a better product for your money.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
........ RCX only provides spacers while Zone offers 3" rear coils which is a much better option for rear lift.

RCX kits don't come completely finished; the steering knuckles have raw steel areas. Looks absolutely terrible after a month of driving in any kind of wet conditions. Zone kits come completely powdercoated.

RCX warranty is an absolute pain to deal with if you ever do have an issue. .

I do prefer coils over spacers as well.

My knuckles look the same the day they were installed. I definitely don't lose sleep over the raw look lol. But wet conditions are rare in my parts also.

As for warranty issues....when/if something breaks or goes wrong I will report all my findings with dealing with RCX.

kg93

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
im definitely not bashing rcx either i had full intentions of getting their lift until they switched to spacers in the rear instead of a full coil.

I was going to go zone but i stumbled on the superlift, which was originally more then the zone lift but was on sale from superlift for 200 less then i got an additional 20% off from auto anything so far quality has been great and the fit is great also. Not to mention the 4"/3" kit is the same price as the 6"/5" kit

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. So your lift is finally done, any pictures of the completed look ? :)