Rough Ride/ Death Wobble/ Need it leveled

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bart65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have a 2009 1500 laramie. 6 inch RC 37 inch toyo RT with 20x9 or 20x10 (can’t remember) fuel mavericks. My steering wheels shacks kinda bad, the ride is almost rough and spungy and it’s not level at all. The shocks are the rough country shocks. Anybody have any ideas or solutions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dzl_pwr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel
Are you running any kind of steering stabilizers? If not, then I would definitely recommend a dual stabilizer setup, with running such a large tire.

sunkiz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check your tie rod ends, do they have play?

OP
OP
Bart65

Bart65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I️ don’t think so but i’ll check, who makes a steering stabilizer for my setup?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since you already have a Roughcountry liftthey also sell steering stabilizers for ur truck I believe. I would reach out to them, let them know you just bought the truck and tell them what you are experiencing, they may sell you the parts for cheap to try and keep you as a customer, or give you some kind of discount. Also what tire pressure are you running in the 37”s? have you had them balanced yet??
Sorry since you are 6 post deep with ur 2009 I am assuming u just bought it. If not, did a shop do the install for you? If so take it back and address ur concerns with them?

OP
OP
Bart65

Bart65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Since you already have a Roughcountry liftthey also sell steering stabilizers for ur truck I believe. I would reach out to them, let them know you just bought the truck and tell them what you are experiencing, they may sell you the parts for cheap to try and keep you as a customer, or give you some kind of discount. Also what tire pressure are you running in the 37”s? have you had them balanced yet??
Sorry since you are 6 post deep with ur 2009 I am assuming u just bought it. If not, did a shop do the install for you? If so take it back and address ur concerns with them?

I’ll have to get in contact with RC, i️ bought the truck off a private party with all the work done recently by a local shop. I️ switched from chevy so i’m trying to figure out the dodges. Not sure on tire pressure i’ll have to check.

lharrell79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Start with taking it to a shop that can balance the tires, align, and check all the suspension components. It will probably cost a couple hundred bucks for the above items, but, it will be a good start on determining what all is wrong.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With 37”s I highly suggest a sterling stabilizer if you do not have one. It will definitely help the “ feel” when driving

OP
OP
Bart65

Bart65

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
With 37”s I highly suggest a sterling stabilizer if you do not have one. It will definitely help the “ feel” when driving

RC doesn’t make one do you know who does?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not off the top of my head, check
BDS
Zone
Cognito
HellBent steel