Set up struggle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

goodguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Alright fellas I've got a 2016 ram 1500 sport. Here's what I'm looking to achieve as far as a set up goes:

2-3 inch lift

50% more payload and towing capabilities

I want to achieve those two things WITHOUT voiding the warranty in any way. I thought about air bags but that'd be a pain to adjust all the time. I like what the TTC-1223v does but they don't make them so it lifts the truck. Any suggestion are welcome!! I've done endless research already

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddy12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
will most likely get better response by posting this in the "towing/hauling" section.
Just be aware, regardless of what you do to your suspension, you are still limited by the 3,900 pound Gross Axle Weight rating of your rear axle.

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My resurch on ttc is that even though they say stock hight. People are reporting anywhere from .5 to 2" of actual lift. Depending on which ttc they went with. The springs are shorter than stock. But sag less do to there payload increase. My plan is bills at 2.8 and ttc 1211 coils. And with this I'm hoping for .7 to 1" of rear lift. Witch will give me a lil rake. Worst case scenario I'll have to buy a rear coil spacer.
Doing this will not void warranty

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Let's leave it here for now.

I think your best bet is to turn in the 1/2T truck for a 3/4T or 1T truck.

You can't increase payload until you beef up the chassis, the springs, the gears, the shocks, the engine, etc...

There are no simple bolt on solutions for a 1/2T that will achieve your goals.

OP
OP
goodguy11

goodguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Okay so I can't do what exactly I want. That's all I need to know.

OP
OP
goodguy11

goodguy11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
My resurch on ttc is that even though they say stock hight. People are reporting anywhere from .5 to 2" of actual lift. Depending on which ttc they went with. The springs are shorter than stock. But sag less do to there payload increase. My plan is bills at 2.8 and ttc 1211 coils. And with this I'm hoping for .7 to 1" of rear lift. Witch will give me a lil rake. Worst case scenario I'll have to buy a rear coil spacer.
Doing this will not void warranty

I like that idea a lot. So if I planned on going with the ttc 1223 i might be able to kinda do what I'm going for

Alaskanpeeps

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 1223 springs are for a constant load. Like a camper in the bed or a slip tank. And will give u 2 to 4 " lift. The 1223v will give stock ride caristicts. Witch will still sag a couple inches with weight till it hits the second rate coils. And the way I see it is that ur still going to look like a dog dragging its ass across the floor wile towing. If u add bags to them. Ur now going to waste the second rate because u won't sag enough to get to it. That's why I'm choosing the ttc-1211 still a 50% weight increase its just constant and not as bad as the ttc-1223v's.
My experience towing stock with bags has been horrible. Empty 20ft enclosed trail with the wd hitch. And I'm white knuckles. The trailer pushes me all over the place. Best towing exsperience was a 16 ft car hauler loaded to the bump stops. Towed good even with no suspension.

Last edited: