shocks with lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just had a 6" RC lift put on 2 months ago. It claims to level the truck, but I have a 1" rake. Doesn't look too bad.

Just found out that my front shocks, stock with 162,000 on them, are leaking. Could this cause the difference in height.

The reason I ask is that I am going to put Bilstiens on them and am not sure where to have them set the shocks. I read 1.4, but if my regular shocks are sagging due to the leak, it may not need to be lifted with the shocks.

Anyway to find out without having to install and remove them again?

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would think even if it was leaking the springs should still hold it up. If it's 1" of rake you can probably get away with the .7 setting so you don't end up leaning backwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

RamRoy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks guys. I will go with the .7 (I am assuming that number correlates with height) and that will give me a 1/4" of rake

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks guys. I will go with the .7 (I am assuming that number correlates with height) and that will give me a 1/4" of rake

You are correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk