Shop wont install bilsteins....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ElTerrible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So i finally got my set of 5100 bilstein shocks. I decided to spend a lil more and go with the bilsteins since i hear great things about these shocks. I took them to my local 4wheel parts store only to leave very dissapointed. My truck already has a rcx 6" lift on and has 1.5 rake in the back, so i thought that with these shocks it would be a quick fix. but the manager at 4wheel parts said they couldnt install the shocks because they would be over stacking the front. He also said that he recommended me to just leave it like it sits now. So now i got a nice set of shocks sitting in my garage. What can i do? any help is much appreciated. my truck is a 12 cc with a rough country 6" lift already. i just want to level my fron an 1nch at least.

012RAMbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Try a different shop because that guy doesn't know what he's talking about lol. Over the past 3 yrs I have seen hundreds of guys use bilsteins set at 1.4" setting with rcx kit to make it level. They really aren't that hard to install if you have the tools and area to do it.

Thatdude596

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 ram big horn
Engine
Hemi
Yep 4wheel parts in Cleveland ohio said exact same thing. The pro comp is not designed to be used with any other leveling/lifting parts. They said it would also put the cvs at more of an angle and could cause damage. I believe that because I'm on my third cv axle from the hell bent steel 2.5" leveling kit

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
He is right to an extent
The RCX Kit uses a preload spacer for some of its height
1b149f99df28cd0b2e13f99fddd7ba47.jpg

The preload spacer should be removed when installing Bilstiens

h2oman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Idiots. Take it to a real shop. Have the spacer removed and install the Bilsteins. 4Wheels Parts is the Pep Boys of the off road world. Stay away from them.

OP
OP
ElTerrible

ElTerrible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks for the replies, now im debating if i should leave it like it sits now or look for a place to install the bilsteins.